Win Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 graphics cards - Perfect for low cost budget 4K HTPC
(2018-10-09, 14:41)TechNoApe Wrote: Would upgrading my HTPC with my AMD 10-7850k and a GTX1030 be enough, with MPC-HC/BE + Lav + MadVR, for 4k HDR .mkv playback, or would I need the GTX 1050Ti, or indeed would either setup still not be up to the job?
The GT1030 is quite capable of handling videos via Kodi (upto 8K), however using Windows 7 or 10 is a must-requirement for future compatibility.
If you also want to use it for Netflix, then the GTX1050 is the better choice, because for some daft reason Netflix requires at least 3GB of memory on an Nvidia graphics card.

The choice of CPU is less important here, as Kodi mainly runs on the graphics' hardware acceleration via OpenCL for the GUI, and Mpeg/h264/h265/Vp9 acceleration for videos. Kodi can also run on a 512MB Raspberry Zero, so you do the math.
Got a Kodi problem? Provide us with a full Debug log (wiki) || Usefull pages: First time user (wiki) || Troubleshooting (wiki) || Free content (wiki) || Forum rules (wiki) || VPN policy (wiki)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 graphics cards - Perfect for low cost budget 4K HTPC - by Klojum - 2018-10-09, 15:01

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 graphics cards - Perfect for low cost budget 4K HTPC2
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.