Win Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 graphics cards - Perfect for low cost budget 4K HTPC
Hello world from Africa!
I have read through the whole thread, some of which went over my head cos I am not as familiar with this stuff as you guys are.
So please don't kill me if I ask some n00b questions... I have tried to make sense of as much of this thread as I can.
Ok, so I'm in a position where I need to decide if I should get the 1030 for cheap for my HTPC, or to spend a lot more on something else (which i can't afford).
Which effectively is the difference between me having 1080p as my ceiling , or being able to move up to 4k.
So can I humbly ask if someone would be so kind as to confirm if I'm correct in gathering from this thread that 4k 30fps HEVC works fine if I am running Kodi v18 RC4 on Windows 10 with a GT 1030.
And if the above will need me to change any settings (I have seen the terms "external player", "madvr", "tone mapping" etc) or just run everything as it comes out of the box?
I am very willing to go learn what all those things are, but only if I'll need to use them.
Then if I want to add HDR on top of this, what must change for me to still get problem-free payback?
Then if I want all of this at 60Hz, what must change?
If I am asking too much, please let me know

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 graphics cards - Perfect for low cost budget 4K HTPC - by Inevitability - 2019-01-10, 16:23

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 graphics cards - Perfect for low cost budget 4K HTPC2
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.