Any good projectors that you can play kodi off of?
@kubbmander - I have removed the first link as it promotes banned add-ons.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Spending 499 on a 720p projector in 2017 is crazy.

Oh that screendoor...
(2017-08-18, 19:12)bry Wrote: @kubbmander - I have removed the first link as it promotes banned add-ons.

Okay, sorry about it.
(2017-08-18, 19:14)honcho Wrote: Spending 499 on a 720p projector in 2017 is crazy.

Oh that screendoor...

Hi, not sure if I am crazy, haha. But do you have other opinions?
Here's a BenQ 1080p projector that I see listed for $499 at Ritz. It'll blow that 720p projector out of the water.
(2017-08-23, 17:08)GreySkies Wrote: Here's a BenQ 1080p projector that I see listed for $499 at Ritz. It'll blow that 720p projector out of the water.

Infinitely better, those 720p pico projectors have that crappy DMD with rotated mirrors, so text looks like garbage as well. I would never recommend one. They were cool a few years back.. but these days no so much.
Reading this cNet article https://www.cnet.com/news/projectors-vs-...-and-cons/ will answer all questions that have been discussed so far.
(2017-08-23, 17:08)GreySkies Wrote: Here's a BenQ 1080p projector that I see listed for $499 at Ritz. It'll blow that 720p projector out of the water.
I would advise looking at BenQ Tk800 to buy, imo it's a better option to pick
Here is a video overview:
(2019-03-04, 10:52)teamviewer Wrote: imo it's a better option to pick
Better how? Just planting a YT video on our forum is not a very well substantiated reason. And who is to say that this guy's video wasn't paid for in some way?
Agree, lots of YouTube video 'reviews' of PJ's have to taken w/grains (or heaps) of salt. There are a few YouTuber'ers like this guy who are semi-trustworthy (although still slanted in favor of BenQ). Suggest looking at multiple sources & making up your own mind: AVSForum & Projector Central, and European sites Passion Homecinema & Cine4Home. Use Google Translate for latter two (unless you can read French & German, respectively Smile).

I personally have an Optoma UHD51A & love it. It isn't perfect for a 'budget' 4K PJ (like overspill grey border & not as deep blacks), but gets most things right (Solid HDR, sharp picture, 3D). However, the soon-to-be released BenQ HT3550 looks to be even better. For 1080p, lots of choices (see here).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
This one looks interesting :-)
https://www.mi.com/global/mi-laser-projector-150/
I have removed the first link as it promotes banned add-ons. Here's a BenQ 1080p projector that I see listed for $499 at Ritz. It'll blow that 720p projector out of the water.

MOD removed embedded unrelated spam link.
One warning for you !
Please ask for a change of username as well so as to not promote your site.
(2017-08-10, 20:46)kubbmander Wrote: Epson always comes up as a good and reliable brand. May need to go for a refurbished since the price point is a bit higher than I can work with right now. After finding that AAXA P2-A and looking more into the brand, there's actually a lot of articles that mention them and I noticed they have a 1080P model with 1200 lumens that just came out, retailing at $599.00. Curious to check it out since it seemed to get a decent rating on the PC Mag website, so at least that's a good clue that it should be in the running with the bigger brands such as Epson and Optoma.

Although like you mentioned, Pajoe, the Epsons do seem to be quite big so something on the smaller end would be best.

I'm thinking I can easily play Kodi off a Fire Stick when plugging it into a decent projector.
I have OVIO T89 300 Android Mini Projector which is quite good for me, however, you can check other as well on market.
Hey, I have an optoma hd141x 1080p 3d projector which is ceiling mounted, I have a 4k firestick connected for kodi etc, and use a Sony Bluetooth sound bar for audio. For a screen I have a 100 inch pulldown projector screen mounted on the wall, which completely covers the living room window when down.

How do I rate it? Absolutely love it, I can use day or night (as blacks out window). I only really use at weekends for movies tho but I have watched normal tv with it. Quality is amazing really sharp and bright. It is like been in a little cinema.

Regarding cheap no name brands, give them a miss. I tried a few at £100 - £200 and the quality just isn't there, not very bright, fuzzy picture. Fan noise is always very loud.

Just get a decent one and you won't regret it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any good projectors that you can play kodi off of?0