Solved Copying KODI
I have a perfect working Raspberry Pi3 B, running Kodi.
I decided to buy a second one for another location.

I took a copy of my good working system and tried to use it at my new Rsapberry (also a Pi3 version B).

Unfortunately it didn't start up: errormessage: could not mount mmcblk0p2

How can I solve this problem?Sad
Which Kodi build are you using? OSMC, LibreELEC, Raspbian, OpenELEC..?

One way would be a simple diskimage copy using Win32diskimager
Hello Klojum,

I'm using OpenELEC
I made an exact copy of the mico SD card
How did you make an exact copy?
I think so, I will try Win32diskimager as Klojum recommended.
Maybe there are some firmwarechanges in the Raspberry?
A few questions:

* Does the original uSD card boot OK in the new Pi?
* Does the newly burnt second uSD card boot OK in the original Pi?
* Have you tried burning the new card again?
* Have you tried to check the new card's integrity on your PC?

It sounds like the new card either has a hardware fault or the image burning didn't work fully. The error is one of the partitions not being able to mount properly, which could be either.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
The original uSD works fine in the new Raspbery....
There must be something missing at the uSD...I copied all files, but maybe there are some hidden files.
How can I copy the files as an image?
I tried Win32 Diskmanager, but it asks the filed from my harddisk. When I copy the files to my harddisk, the result will be the same...missing files?
O, everything at my old card is also at my new one. Integrety is OK.
I guess you are missing the fact that there are multiple partitions (at least 2) on that SD-card. So I would suggest to do a fresh install on that SD-Card and use the backup and restore option OpenELEC provides.
It would certainly explain it if only the first partition was manually copied - it's trying to mount the main secondary one (not visible to Windows PCs as it's ext4) and failing as it isn't there.

What you need to do is use Win32 Disk Imager or Etcher or some similar card reader/writer software.

Run it, then insert your card into your PC via an adaptor. Then use the read option to make an image of your card onto your hard disk, then swap cards to the new one and write that image you just created onto the new card. It sounds like you've just tried to use Disk Imager to copy files rather than the image, which isn't right.

See the link below for some example documentation:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/easily-clon...computing/
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Win 32 Disk manager did it's job!

Everything works perfect!

Thank you very much for your help!

Aak Smile
Thread marked solved.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copying KODI0