HD content - What does it take to play?
I have problems playing HD content. This is my Spec:

AMD Athlon 64 Processor
3200+
1,01 GHz
1 GB RAM
Sapphire RADEON X800XL

Is this to weak or is my setup wrong?
Its hard to say unless you describe what "I have problems" means.
cheers,

crazyivan
Morph Wrote:I have problems playing HD content. This is my Spec:

AMD Athlon 64 Processor
3200+
1,01 GHz
1 GB RAM
Sapphire RADEON X800XL
I got almost ur equip
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+ (1.8 GHz)
1GB RAM
Sapphire X1300 Pro
WinXP

Well my graphic card is ready for HD content, but hard to play 1080p, the rest works well.
The problem is that the ffmpeg in the windows port currently does not have the cabac patch applied to it so only uses one core of multi core machines once/if that gets added you will see huge improvement in HD playback on multi core machines
CrazyIvan Wrote:Its hard to say unless you describe what "I have problems" means.

My problem is stuttering video, audio out of sync and so on.. Rolleyes
The same if I try playing with VLC etc.

I have heard before that my setup should be more than capable of playing HD, but I am really new to this HD stuff..
Jezz_X Wrote:The problem is that the ffmpeg in the windows port currently does not have the cabac patch applied to it so only uses one core of multi core machines once/if that gets added you will see huge improvement in HD playback on multi core machines

Jezz_X, do you have any idea if ffmpeg supports DVXA (hardware acceleration of video playback, including h264 on geforce 8500 and up)? I was experimenting with Media Player Classic Homecinema and it (more or less) supports it. The difference in CPU load with and without DVXA is enormous. 1080p Hellboy 2 trailer grabs in intense moments about 75% of my 2 cores (Lenovo T61p notebook) and about 4 to 8% with acceleration. It would be nice if ffmpeg got this feature, tho I think as it's developed by some other group of people - it's beyond XBMC team control
I read that about Media Player Classic Homecinema on FFmpeg-dev mailing list. However the original upstream version of FFmpeg (which XBMC uses) does not yet support DXVA, ...your best bet to get it into XBMC someday is probably to ask the Media Player Classic Homecinema developers to submit a patch to the original upstream version of FFmpeg. Once it gets integrated into the original upstream version of FFmpeg then it will not be long before XBMC get that as well.
http://tibrium.neuf.fr/DXVASupport.html

http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmp...42612.html
Quote:from Tibrium <[email protected]>
to FFmpeg development discussions and patches <[email protected]>
date Feb 25, 2008 10:29 PM
subject [FFmpeg-devel] New project using Ffmpeg with DXVA

Hello,
I'm one of the project administrator of Media Player Classic - Homecinema, a fork from original Guliverkli project. We have used ffmpeg to add a new internal video decoder inside mpc for software decoding, but we have also the possibility to accelerate H264 and VC1 decoding using DXVA hardware acceleration (only video card with bitstream acceleration are supported for the moment).

This project is present on SourceForge at this address http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpc-hc/ and the first release using ffmpeg decoder will be available soon (final testing stage).

Could you please add mpc-hc on the list of ffmpeg powered project.

Thank you very much for you great works

Christophe (a.k.a Casimir)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Morph Wrote:I have problems playing HD content. This is my Spec:

AMD Athlon 64 Processor
3200+
1,01 GHz
1 GB RAM
Sapphire RADEON X800XL

Is this to weak or is my setup wrong?

Ithink its to low CPU .Look @ Taskmanager what your CPU Usage is when you play with VLC or MediaPlayerClassic.
Intel P35 C2Duo 2,4 ghz 2GB Ram
ATI 3650 over HDMI @ Samsung LE37
Realtek AZELIA Sound
Windows 7 32Bit - XBMC Rev25986-dx
I'm having issues with HD mkv files with the latest build too. Its definately not a cpu problem as i have a E6850 cpu so i have plenty of grunt, when playing its chugs every now, stutters etc and then but the cpu meter doesn't go over 20% very weird. Other then that it works quite well for any SD content.
It must be the build itself, since I can play all my 1080p content with ffdshow without issues at all (even 15-20mbit/s peak content).

On a side note, thank you for this Windows effort. I'f I knew where you all lived I would kiss the ground you walk on (in a non creepy/stalkish manner Tongue).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD content - What does it take to play?0