FM Radio Hauppauge HVR-1800
Hello,

I've got an HVR-1800 in my computer and it works excellent for live tv, but I can't seem to figure out how to get FM Radio setup. From my understanding, the HVR-1800 does support this.

My PVR is NextPVR, which allegedly supports FM as well, but the documentation on it is very vague and appears to be outdated because the button they talk about exists nowhere from what I can find. Under the Device tab of NextPVR, I only see three devices listed, ATSC, QAM and IPTV. Selecting setup for either ATSC or QAM does not reveal any button for adding FM channels.

So... HVR-1800, Windows 10, NextPVR, Kodi, FM Radio--how do I make it all work.

And just for clarification, I mean FM radio; the magical kind of radio you get for free anywhere around the globe, not IP radio stations (I found countless threads regarding that here, nothing on FM).

Help is always appreciated!
Install the WinTV software for your card and the required support for analog TV and FM should get installed.

Martin
Sounds like a good fix. Unfortunately, you have to purchase this unless you have the original installation CD, which I do not because I purchased mine used.

It's only $9.95 and it appears they'll send a serial number rather than a disk, but that's not stated in the advertisement, it's hinted at in the WinTV 7 installation software when you get to the option to "Enter Serial" or "Check CD" When you go to the <a href="http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_wintv7.html">Webstore</a> -- What? No more HTML? Sorry. Anyway... -- and click buy now, it takes you to WinTV v8. WinTV v8 isn't documented as supporting my HVR-1800 nor FM or analog capability.

I'll contact support at Hauppauge to see what I need. In general, I don't want to have to buy anything for an entire system that's been otherwise completely (and legally!) freeware. I certainly won't buy it without some guarantee it's going to work.

(2017-07-29, 18:04)emveepee Wrote: support for analog TV and FM should get installed.

When you say that, do you mean the necessary devices will become accessible by NextPVR, and by extension, Kodi? Or will I have to launch WinTV (their equivalent of NextPVR as a standalone theater system) to listen to radio?
(2017-07-29, 21:19)foxtrot1014 Wrote: When you say that, do you mean the necessary devices will become accessible by NextPVR, and by extension, Kodi? Or will I have to launch WinTV (their equivalent of NextPVR as a standalone theater system) to listen to radio?
Support for old-school analog devices (like the FM radio feature of the analog tuner in your HVR-1800), requires the SoftPVR components that get installed with the Hauppauge WinTV software. After this is installed, you'll see the analog tuner listed in NextPVR's Settings->Devices screen, where you can setup analog or FM channels. Once these channels are setup, they just show up like any other channel in NextPVR or Kodi.

If you've lost your original disk, you could try the manual steps list on the NextPVR forums, for how to download the WinTV installer and just extract/install the SoftPVR component. It's easier if you can just install WinTV though, so have a good look for your disc first.
(2017-07-29, 23:41)sub3 Wrote: If you've lost your original disk, you could try the manual steps list on the NextPVR forums, for how to download the WinTV installer and just extract/install the SoftPVR component. It's easier if you can just install WinTV though, so have a good look for your disc first.

I certainly don't have the original disk. Can you point me in the right direction for the WinTV installer? I can't find it on NextPVR forums.

Thanks!
Read this thread:
https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...RE-POSTING

Specifically, the bit titled "analog tuners"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FM Radio Hauppauge HVR-18000