Reset PVR and Guide data
It would be nice to be able to trigger a reset of the PVR and Guide data through json.

When making changes in tvheadend - those changes will not show up in the pvr (channel changes or guide updates) unless you reboot or trigger a reset of the data.

It seems neither is available right now. If anyone knows how to do this - please share. Thanks!
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
Testing ATSC single and dual tuners on RPi3 and the occasional s905 box
If you like my work you can buy me a coffee!
I do not know how JSON-RPC command, but I sure know that the internal command for PVR reboot "StartPVRManager" has not been working for a long time.
(2017-07-29, 16:36)edit4ever Wrote: It would be nice to be able to trigger a reset of the PVR and Guide data through json.

When making changes in tvheadend - those changes will not show up in the pvr (channel changes or guide updates) unless you reboot or trigger a reset of the data.

It seems neither is available right now. If anyone knows how to do this - please share. Thanks!

You should open a ticket for tvheadend, because AFAIK tvh does not announce these changes to Kodi. This is the root cause and "rebooting" Kodi PVR is only a workaround for a tvh bug. Maybe this has been fixed with recent tvh versions. Don't know.
(2017-07-31, 06:58)ksooo Wrote: You should open a ticket for tvheadend, because AFAIK tvh does not announce these changes to Kodi. This is the root cause and "rebooting" Kodi PVR is only a workaround for a tvh bug. Maybe this has been fixed with recent tvh versions. Don't know.

I'm not sure you're right. Kodi reads EPG data peridodically either at startup or after a reset, or after sending a command from the settings (which is actually the same as the reset). There is no possibility for Kodi to be able to get TVH notification that it has new EPG data. Why would it be possible to define the "Update interval" in the PVR settings.
I have seen kodi refresh the guide/channels data (or maybe trhe entire PVR database) when deleting channels.

So perhaps there is a command that tvheadend is sending at that point....and if so - it's just not sending it when new guide data is loaded into tvh. Kodi will only update at the schedules interval or on reboot. (or manualclearing of pvr or guide databases)
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
(2017-08-04, 00:25)edit4ever Wrote: Kodi will only update at the schedules interval or on reboot. (or manualclearing of pvr or guide databases)

Not quite correct. If you activate "async epg transfer" in the settings of the tvheadend add-on, then epg changes will be pushed to Kodi immediately. This is a cool feature many people seem not to know.
Quote:There is no possibility for Kodi to be able to get TVH notification that it has new EPG data. Why would it be possible to define the "Update interval" in the PVR settings.

Wrong. :-) See my other posting re. "asynchronous epg transfer".

The "update interval" setting is relevant for non-async epg transfer mode only.

BTW: Currently, only the tvheadend add-on supports async epg transfer, but it's open to every add-on to implement it.
(2017-08-04, 00:25)edit4ever Wrote: Not quite correct. If you activate "async epg transfer" in the settings of the tvheadend add-on, then epg changes will be pushed to Kodi immediately. This is a cool feature many people seem not to know.

I tested it quickly this morning, and it works only once, just when I change the "async epg transfer => ON" setting. Other EPG changes will no longer be transferred from TVH to Kodi. I will test it again this evening to be sure.
@ksooo - I just tested this and it worked - thanks for the heads up on that option!
(2017-08-04, 15:49)edit4ever Wrote: @ksooo - I just tested this and it worked - thanks for the heads up on that option!
Edit, did you end up using JSON or a build function to reset the PVR? I'm trying to do the same for the PSvue EPG service but things like startPVRmanager do not work anymore. Only way I found to work from with an addon is to change a non used setting in the pvr client which forces the client to restart. But that is way too crude.
Unfortunately no.  I ended up just making a shortcut that brings up the PVR settings page, where you can click the data reset button.

Seems like a good function for the kodi team to add.
(2018-04-15, 16:03)edit4ever Wrote: Unfortunately no.  I ended up just making a shortcut that brings up the PVR settings page, where you can click the data reset button.

Seems like a good function for the kodi team to add.

No, Kodi PVR needs to be improved so that nobody will ever need the reset data functionality anymore to get things working (again). Says who? Says me, the maintainer of Kodi PVR. ;-)
(2018-04-16, 14:21)ksooo Wrote: No, Kodi PVR needs to be improved so that nobody will ever need the reset data functionality anymore to get things working (again). Says who? Says me, the maintainer of Kodi PVR. ;-) 

Yes! It is crucial (and correct too) tenet. Absolutly agree, thanks for it!
Hey guys!

Trying to trigger the “clear data” setting directly from the main menu instead of clicking through the regular way.

Using xonfluence where I can add kodi commands for the menu. I’m just not that into it to know how to write that kind of code for the command.

Can you guys help me out?

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reset PVR and Guide data0