4k hevc main10 issue
Baloney. Click on download file.
http://hdrsamples.com/exodus-4k-uhd-hdr-sample-footage/
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I am soooooo slowwww!! I couldnt find the link... Not my best...
Life of Pi sample plays fine but TV doesnt switch to HDR.
It's not supposed to. Kodi does not decode HDR yet. We were determining why you had stutters. Now that a test file "plays fine", we know it was your previous source. You could compare bitrates and see if your source is higher or not using 'mediainfo'. If that's the case, your system isn't able to keep up with it or pass it correctly be it a network problem streaming it or your system itself but we know it's not a Kodi problem. We may be finding out a 1030 entry card just doesn't have enough oomph in the real world. Would need much more feedback to confirm that though. You might search around a bit and see if you come across similar complaints. What throws everything off is that you can play a high bitrate HEVC though........ Which really leads me to believe the problem lay in your original source.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Do you think trying DSPlayer could solve this issue? If so ill try it tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help.
Could the audio stream be the issue? One is AAC and the other HD.

Also Bitrate is 70 Mb/s on the source I cant play vs. 45 Mb/s on Life of PI. Not a major difference.

Other difference is one is mkv and the other mp4.
(2017-08-04, 00:34)asagala Wrote: Do you think trying DSPlayer could solve this issue? If so ill try it tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help.

It is worth to try but be prepared to tweak your setup little bit more, especially if you want to get HDR working. For example you need to update the latest madVR v0.91.11 and make correct settings on madVR-setup for HDR-passthrough. Additionally you also have to use a specific=older NVidia driver, I use at the moment 376.92.

But just to confirm the stuttering issue, no major tweaking is needed. As I wrote before this specific stuttering issue is somehow related to scenes, where the bitrate increases rapidly. Your file has an average bitrate of 70 Mbs, so in practice there are scenes, where bitrate will be much higher. For example the jellyfish sample file from Kodi-wiki with max 400Mbs can play OK but the bitrate on that file is quite static all the time. Of course just a theory but this has been my observation so far. Of course it is also possible the these problem files might be encoded badly but as they play nicely in different player/setup I don't think so. As you speculated the HD-audio might also cause additional challenge here, although being passed through. Who knows...

But clearly this whole issue is something which is clearly related to basic Kodi 32-bit 17.x -setup in Windows, in Kodi 18 64-bit this specific issue is not present.
Is Kodi 18 64bit stable enougn to run?
Just tried Kodi 18 64 bit (KodiSetup-20170803-761fd47afc-master-x64.exe) and still have the issue.
No Debug Log no issue. Next post without facts and only whining: 1 day ban.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I really appreciate all the help everyone is giving me. I really do.

Goodton mentionned that it should play well on Kodi 18. I tried it. It didnt go as planned so I let him know.

I did post two debug logs just not for the Kodi 18 issue.

No need to be rude or harsh. Where did you see me whine?. I know how it works. Look in the source code you will see my name. I contributed code for the picture section.

If you feel you want to ban me go ahead but man you need to chill out.
(2017-08-04, 19:52)asagala Wrote: I really appreciate all the help everyone is giving me. I really do.

Goodton mentionned that it should play well on Kodi 18. I tried it. It didnt go as planned so I let him know.

I did post two debug logs just not for the Kodi 18 issue.

No need to be rude or harsh. Where did you see me whine?. I know how it works. Look in the source code you will see my name. I contributed code for the picture section.

If you feel you want to ban me go ahead but man you need to chill out.

Will add <sarcasm> tag next time...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
sarcasm is a way to hide when people call you out. Too easy.
close this thread please
Thread closed as requested
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4k hevc main10 issue0