How do I add music to Kodi via USB Drive?
How do I add music to Kodi, (Raspberry Pi 3) via USB Drive? Ive tried multiple ways, cant seem to figure it out. Im new to all this, Could someone give me a step by step guide? I have a ton of music I've purchased and want it on Kodi, Where i don't have to keep the USB drive in there. Thank you
(2017-07-30, 06:16)r3dc0rn Wrote: Where i don't have to keep the USB drive in there. Thank you
Well, you'll need some form of storage for the files. Raspberry pi doesn't have a hard disk drive, does it? If not, you'll need a usb drive, unless there's an sd card slot or some other form of storage on it.
(2017-07-30, 06:16)r3dc0rn Wrote: I have a ton of music I've purchased and want it on Kodi, Where i don't have to keep the USB drive in there.
I enhanced your topic title, by the way. Letting people guess will not attract much support.

In which form did you purchuse your music? MP3s, cloud storage, vinyl..?

Lots of people use a NAS (Network Attached Storage), a box with one or more harddrives where they keep their video and/or music collections. The RPi has a ethernet port, so you can plug in your network cable. Some people use a wifi dongle, but a cable is the most stable solution.

After that, you can add the network source for your music collection and have Kodi scrape all metadata. Currently our wiki is down (server being relocated), but it will give all the required details for adding music to your Kodi setup. The same applies for a NAS as for a USB stick.
Ok, Thank you both!

Ill check out the Kodi Wiki once its back up

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I add music to Kodi via USB Drive?0