Android Linking my Nvidia Shield to Kodi
Hi

I am a new to this and I don't understand what is meant by front end and back end to allow me to watch and record tv. I have an Nvidia Shield tv 500 GB box and I downloded Kodi from the play store. I don't know what I have to do now in relation to a tuner. I hope there is someone out there who can help me. I have looked at the forums but I still don't know what they mean.
This is how I understand it, you will need a compatible TV tuner, either a usb tv tuner, or a Silicon dust homerun.

You then install the backend, which from my understanding runs the tuner software. Then on the same device you can run a front end. So, server/client. (perhaps not the correct terminology) So, on a shield if you install Kodi/spmc you can use TVheadend, as a backend & frontend.

Once you have a backend, you can run clients from other networked devices.

If, you are talking about TV over the internet, that is iptv.

From the app store you can install BBC iplayer, & other catchup services. These don't need a tuner.
Which country are you located? Are you planning on using an antenna, (for over the air TV reception), or service from a cable or satellite signal?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linking my Nvidia Shield to Kodi0