Interface Disappearing Upon Video Load
RPi3 user on 17.3 here: The past few weeks my Kodi's interface has been completely disappearing upon the loading of a video. If I try to bring up the OSD, or exit the video, I'll still get the menu sounds, and I can even navigate those menus to load and watch new videos (blindly), but exiting the video itself leads to a totally black screen. I've tried switching skins, but it leads to the same result, as does trying it on a different television on the ultra-off chance it had to do with CEC. Does anyone here have any input on what this could possibly be?
gpu_mem= should be set to arrive least 256
(2017-07-31, 21:59)ActionA Wrote: gpu_mem= should be set to arrive least 256

Looking into the config.txt, it seems to have been set at 256 by default.
I went into Rasbian settings and changed the gpu_mem amount to 512 (overkill, I know, but just to see if it helped,) but I'm getting the same issue. I uninstalled some addons, skins, etc, but still getting the same issue.
debug log (wiki) ?
https://paste.ubuntu.com/25215978/

I did some further testing - if I exit and reenter Kodi from the emulationstation menu, or if I boot kodi from the console, the problem doesn't appear. Right now it's set to autostart into Kodi, which is my preferred way of using it.
Which system disfribution are you using exactly? If you are using RetroPie, use its forum, abd make sure you post the required information.
I'm using RetroPie, yes, and then Raspbian underneath. I figured since the issue only takes place within Kodi that it might be a Kodi issue, but with the situation changing when I exit and re-enter, there's definitely something else going on at the system level. Is there anything in the log that might help me nail down what could be happening, what I need to ask about specifically?
The thing is, from my experience in the RetroPie, raspberrypi.org, pipplware forums, there is some people who change their systems or do some costumizations that can lead to some sort of problems. For example, if you take the original RetroPie image, record it to an sd card, install Kodi from the provided options and select the option to autostart Kodi, something like this doesn't happen. So I believe it was some sort of change that you might have done to the system that is causing the problem, because nothing seems wrong in your Kodi log. That's why I recommended you to use RetroPie forum instead, explaining what did you do after you install RetroPie.
(2017-08-01, 00:04)Mascott106 Wrote: https://paste.ubuntu.com/25215978/

Does this log include the interface disappearing?
I'm not seeing any errors in there (or any attempt to play a video file).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Interface Disappearing Upon Video Load0