"Noise" in Live TV Video
I had Kodi 17.3 installed on a first generation Fire TV. I was using the NextPVR add-on with NextPVR itself running on a Windows computer in my LAN. The add-on worked very well except that with every channel I tried to watch through the Kodi add-on there was black "noise" on the TV screen. It was mostly at the bottom of the screen and reminded me of watching an audio mixer, but it also bloomed up and around the screen. It seemed to be synced to the audio, but that is not definite. I have the exact same setup on a Windows computer (not the one with NextPVR) in my LAN and everything was fine; no "noise". I have Kodi 16.1 installed on a Minix box and configured to use the NextPVR plugin. This setup also played live TV without the "noise". I tried connecting a TV directly to the Fire TV and still got the "noise", thus eliminating my TV and receiver. I removed Kodi 17.3 from the Fire TV and installed SPMC 16.7 setup exactly as with Kodi. Voila! All channels played "noise"-free. It appears something with Kodi 17.3 and the NextPVR add-on is amiss.

Anyone have any ideas. I would like to use Kodi 17.3 (and Kodi 18) because I like the skin Estuary Mod.
Are you able to get a screenshot or photo of it, so we can see what it looks like?

It is sounding like something to do with FireTV though, rather than any problem caused by NextPVR or the Kodi NextPVR addon, so unlikely something I can help with.
I can't get a screen shot because it's my TV. However, imagine an HD TV with a nice picture but all along the bottom of the image are black bars that rise and fall (hence, the audio mixer analogy) with occasional splashes of black squares (pixels?) all over the image. It may be the Fire TV, but remember that SPMC 16.7 works flawlessly. I tried Kodi 18, but the NextPVR add-on isn't available in the add-on menu. I'll try Kodi 16 and see what happens.
OK. Kodi 16.1 with the NextPVR add-on displays all live TV channels without "noise". It appears that the problem lies somewhere in Kodi 17.x. I don't know what other testing I can do or what 17.x settings to adjust. I don't have any other streaming boxes capable of running Kodi 17.x. Any more ideas would be appreciated.
(2017-08-01, 19:46)newpath Wrote: I can't get a screen shot because it's my TV.
That's why I gave the "photo" option as well. ie, point your phone at it, and either take a photo or short video - whatever shows it best.
Sorry about not taking a photo, but I'm giving up. I have tried so many things that had no effect and have concluded that the problem lies within Kodi 17.x. For now, I'll stick with SPMC 16.7. BTW, I installed the Plex app on my Fire TV with my Plex Media Server having the NextPVR channel installed. All channels played through the Plex app without any black "noise", ergo, Kodi 17.x has a problem, at least on the Fire TV. Maybe I'll pop for an NVIDIA Shield TV and see what happens. At least it will be easier to navigate relative to Kodi.

Sorry for the inconvenience. NextPVR is a great program!
Ok, no worries. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it'll be something FireTV + Kodi 17.x issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Noise" in Live TV Video0