DVBViewer timeshift on server side i.o. client side
I've been using Kodi in combination with DVBViewer for quite some time nd I'm very pleased with it.
There's only one thing I'm looking into.

My current setup consists of 4 RPi's running OSMC in a local network. TV service is provided by an Windows 7 based PC running 24/7 as a server.
Im using DVBViewer TV server software.

As far as I understand TV recordings are handled and stored by the server. I'm using a dedicated hard drive to put TV recodings on.
For Live TV streams and time shifted streams the (temporary) storage is handled by the client.
Right now I'm using USB flashdrive sticks on each RPi to enable timeshifting of live tv streams.
I can't get this setup to work stable for a longer periode of time.

I want to look into the possibility to let the server handle and store the timeshiftbuffer (like the way it handles TV recordings).
Is his in anyway possible using DVBViewer, or do I need to reside to other TV server software like MtyhTV ??

P.S.
I already changed the timeshiftbufferfile location to a folder on the dedicated hard drive on the server, but this is causing a huge network load and playback becomes very laggy.
I suspect that the stream is handled by the client and then send back to the server for storage and then back again to the client for playback.

Thanks a lot for any help!
(2017-08-01, 09:22)Kdekraker Wrote: Right now I'm using USB flashdrive sticks on each RPi to enable timeshifting of live tv streams.
I can't get this setup to work stable for a longer periode of time.
I assume you're running out of space. At the moment there's no way to limit the timeshift buffer in any form.

(2017-08-01, 09:22)Kdekraker Wrote: I want to look into the possibility to let the server handle and store the timeshiftbuffer (like the way it handles TV recordings).
Is his in anyway possible using DVBViewer, or do I need to reside to other TV server software like MtyhTV ??
Wrong forum. PVR is client side only.

(2017-08-01, 09:22)Kdekraker Wrote: I already changed the timeshiftbufferfile location to a folder on the dedicated hard drive on the server, but this is causing a huge network load and playback becomes very laggy. I suspect that the stream is handled by the client and then send back to the server for storage and then back again to the client for playback.
Yes, might be network throughput.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVBViewer timeshift on server side i.o. client side0