v17 Recently Added Movies
As I (finally) get around to ripping my DVD collection to .mkv & adding them to my NAS for access thru Kodi, I notice that even though I have added movies (today for example) they often do not show up under "recently added" in Kodi.
Does Kodi look at the release date of the movie in question, or does it look at the date the movie got added to the database?
I have always took "recently added" to mean just that. Have I been wrong all this time?
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
It might depend on the skin you use but usually "recently added" means "recently added to the database".
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Yes, as ph-sym states.

Also, are they marked as Watched? In Estuary, Recently Added = Recently Added + Unwatched.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
In Transparency, recent watched stay in the list, but show the watched checkmark.
Maybe I will check w Roni to see if it is skin specific.
Thanks
All the 'recently added' lists are limited to 25. Is it possible to increase this list with a setting? If not then these need to be hard coded to 50 or more.
Well last night I rotated through the 5 skins I have installed, and all of them sort Recently Added the exact same way, so it appears to be a Kodi issue, not skin related.
As stated, recently added means recently added to database (IE: your last rip you added to your collection was Planet of the Apes (1968). It will appear as your latest addition to your collection and has nothing to do with when it was released). How many show in your list is usually defaulted to 25 by all skins. This can be changed to any number you like simply. You will be editing a line of code your skin mod can navigate you to if you request in his/her skin forum.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Yes, that is how I've expected it to work, however it isn't working that way in my system. It doesn't really appear to be sorting by date of movie release, but it isn't sorting by latest added either. I added a movie (Sacrifice (2012) the other day, scanned library, went back to recently Added...nowhere to be found, I have to sort thru the main Movies listings or do a search to bring it up.
That's because you have the year wrong. I'll bet this is the title you are referring to https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/56913-sacrifice and if you change the year in your folder and your file, Kodi will rescan it into the library and it will be 1st in the list of your recently added. Am I correct?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
According to the wiki for advancedsettings.xml, recentlyaddeditems defaults to 25, but can be changed there. Also, dateadded defaults to (1) the modification datetime of the video file, but can be changed to (0) the date and time that the add action occured.

(edit: wrong link)
(2017-08-02, 18:44)brazen1 Wrote: That's because you have the year wrong. I'll bet this is the title you are referring to https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/56913-sacrifice and if you change the year in your folder and your file, Kodi will rescan it into the library and it will be 1st in the list of your recently added. Am I correct?

thanks , sorry I had the earlier title wrong (was working from memory, not always a good thing Laugh) I added another last night The Angry Red Planet (1959), saw Kodi scan the title, went into Recently Added...nada.
(2017-08-03, 18:41)runningnaked Wrote: According to the wiki for advancedsettings.xml, recentlyaddeditems defaults to 25, but can be changed there. Also, dateadded defaults to (1) the modification datetime of the video file, but can be changed to (0) the date and time that the add action occured.

(edit: wrong link)

Yep. Flat out forgot.

<videolibrary>
<recentlyaddeditems>100</recentlyaddeditems>
<cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<dateadded>1</dateadded>
</videolibrary>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recently Added Movies0