Export/Import and local artist art improvements
Quote:The cdArt addon adds a folder (in a nominated place?) for every artist it stores art for, and that could be an approach taken for artist.nfo files too. i.e. add folders for those that don't have one. But adding a folder to hold artist.nfo seems worse than adding <artist-name>.nfo, at least with art there can be multiple images (thumb, fanart, poster etc.). And what about those non-unique artist names?

I like the idea, I have a folder on my NAS, where I store all the Music Art.
I use CdArt Manager, Skinhelper and Artist Slideshow, and all 3 addons are using that one folder. So if I could Point the Export Funktion to this Folder also, everything would be in one place. And i dont need to clutter my Music Folder with nfos and jpgs

Folders looks like

Code:
ArtistName
----------extrafanart(folder)
----------banner.jpg
----------fanart.jpg
----------folder.jpg (artist thumb)
----------logo.png

I have never used the Export function, but this could be used as a "backup" function, if there is a reason to wipe the DB, it should be much faster to rescan/import the Music than a "clean rescan" ?

I hope i find the time to install your latest build and do some tests

can some one post a example of a non-unique artist name, i jave 800+ artist in my DB but all of them are unique

Quote:But adding a folder to hold artist.nfo seems worse than adding <artist-name>.nfo

I would not care if it add a folder with the artist.nfo in my MusicArt Folder, there are 1000+ Folder allready, because my GF listen to radio alot, and Skinhelper/Artistslideshow fetch art for the "radio artist" witch is not in my DB also, but if we create that folder in my Music folder that i would not like to see Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music Export/Import improvements - by meowmoo - 2017-08-05, 12:31

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Export/Import and local artist art improvements0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.