Export/Import and local artist art improvements
DaveBlake Wrote:
(2017-10-12, 15:51)bilgepump Wrote: Unfortunately, although all the exported artist info is there in the "artist info" folder, Kodi doesn't pick any of the pictures up for the "compilation" artists.  It only has what it used to have - the album artists' pictures.  This is a "new" installation in that it's a portable mode installation of your build.  All the "extra" artists from compilations have an icon (bloke in a suit and tie wearing headphones) with their name underneath, but no picture of them. 

The "artist information folder" is identified under Media/Music/library/Artist information folder.  Kodi doesn't seem to have "sucked up" the pictures, although they are there.
I'm not quite sure what you are saying. Is it that you have albums with songs by "artistX", but no albums by that artist. And you have an image for artistX, in a file called folder.jpg located in a folder called "artistX" in your Artist Info Folder.
I have a LOT of "artistX" entries, because I have a lot of albums which are compilations/movie soundtracks/album artist+guest artist and that type of thing where different people are performing the songs, not just one person/band. 
Since installing your build and exporting, all of those "non-own-album" artists have a folder with an artist .nfo and many also have their photo as folder.jpg in their artist folder (I also messed with 'create an .nfo anyway' or whatever the selection is, so they all have an .nfo, although some of the more obscure don't have a photo.  Anyway, there are many known artists who DO have a photo in their artist folder).  Set media source, add to library.  All the albums appear, all the album artists appear with photos, but the "artistX" artists appear without photos.  

Quote:If you then do ""Query info for all" from the context menu within the artists node (where you see the bloke in a suit and tie wearing headphones) that wil pick up the image. But I may have misunderstood.
If I right-click on an artist I know to have a photo in their artist folder and select "query info for all artists", it will show at the top-right that it is going through everyone, but it does not pick up any of the photos that are there or the information in the artist's .nfo (which is also there, I've opened it and looked).

If I select "information" and "refresh" it seems to (try to) look online, not just in the local information (which is the setting for default scraper).  I select "information" then "refresh" and I get "enter the artist name".  If I hit "ok" (which it is, because it matches the artist folder name exactly) it just brings that up over and over.  If I then "cancel" out of that it says "Searching artist: Downloading artist information failed" (as if it tried to look online?).  If I choose "change information provider" and "set for this artist" or "set for all artists shown" it says "this directory contains artists" and "local information only" so it is set properly to only look locally.
Quote:I think you were expecting scanning to pickup local art, and it didn't. Now that may not be an unreasonable expectation, but it isn't what I have implemented. Scraping picks up nfo and art. But I will give it some thought.
I have no expectations but am just "playing" with it to see what it does and giving any feedback about what it is doing.  I don't have any coding experience so I don't understand when "you guys" talk about that, but I'm quite familiar with Kodi from a user's perspective.  I think I've done what's required to have it scrape the .nfo and picture files.  Kodi must be using the "artist info folder" to create all the artist heads, it just isn't scraping the artist .nfo and picture.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music Export/Import improvements - by bilgepump - 2017-10-13, 02:27

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Export/Import and local artist art improvements0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.