Export/Import and local artist art improvements
(2017-10-13, 19:38)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2017-10-13, 05:24)bilgepump Wrote: More or less, but I didn't remove any sources, it's a whole new portable "install" on a different computer with sources added to that new "install", but with the artist info folder copied from the other computer.  Everything seems to be there, and set correctly, but, as you say, the metadata for non-album artists does not get "picked up" by Kodi.
@bilgepump could you go to settings?media>music and check that "Artist Info Folder" is set to the folder that you generated using export and copied over from the other computer.
Post #83 - yes, it is. 
I originally pointed it to the folder that I'd created in with the music files (before I re-read the thread where it said to put it somewhere else), but when that didn't work, I copied the artist info folder to the usb where the portable install is.  Neither worked.  I then nuked the whole thing, started again, still no joy.  I'll nuke it all again and start from scratch to see whether it's something I've done/not done.
As I mentioned, Kodi seems to be "seeing' that artist info folder, because when it scrapes (locally) it scrolls through all those obscure names that are there.  They aren't anywhere else but in that folder are they?

EDIT: For those folders I've looked at to test getting them to show up, it's definitely an artist image in there and the .nfo is the artist info. God knows what's in all of the folder, but at least some of them seem to be how they are intended to be.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music Export/Import improvements - by bilgepump - 2017-10-14, 02:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Export/Import and local artist art improvements0