Manually adding missing movie by imdb id
I know this topic is covered extensively on the forum and even has its own wiki page (here which i HAVE read thoroughly) but I can't seem to find exactly what I need.

I know how to REscan an incorrectly added movie manually using the IMDB id, but I'm can't figure out how to add a movie that is missing entirely.

I've:
  • Used the Missing Movies add-on and it just returns empty when I click on Missing Movies, despite knowing for a fact that there are multiple movies missing (as noted by them not showing up and there being entries in the log about them not able to be add to the library)
  • adding NFO's to the missing movies with a simple xml for the <id> (and the proper headers and enclosing <movie> tags. I also made sure to chown the NFO's...

Still these movies continue, after rescans of the library, to show up as "not being added to the library" in the log and, unsurprisingly, not showing up in the Library.

I don't need to fill out the ENTIRE NFO to get it to scan in do I? and the thread for the Missing Movies add-on keeps mentioning enabling autoscan option but I can't find that in configuration. I'm trying this on a Win7 Installation but have multiple installations and an central MySQL db...
I think you can find the movie in the "Video" section, then right click and add it to the library that way.
(2017-08-02, 22:09)MrBfJohn Wrote: I think you can find the movie in the "Video" section, then right click and add it to the library that way.

Oooo there is a use for the Videos window after all! Haha I always hide it first thing.. thanks for the suggestion I'll report back if I can get it to work
Yes it should have be called 'file maintenance mode', but videos is short and sweet.
(2017-08-03, 01:33)PatK Wrote: Yes it should have be called 'file maintenance mode', but videos is short and sweet.

haha indeed! So I'm 99% of the way there. I go to Videos, Movies, Titles and all the Movies not added to the Library are at the top with a blank title. I go to Movie Information from the Context Menu and click the Refresh button and it gives me a search box with the Filename. I seem to remember being able, in the past, to delete the hard-to-find movie title and just enter in the imdb id and it work perfectly (i.e. delete Orson Welles: The Paris Interview (1960) and put tt0361752). But this doesn't seem to be doing the trick anymore. The search box just pops right back up, much like it does when I search for Move title in the name that's causing this problem.

Am I right that this is in fact the procedure? Or have I forgotten something. I have Universal Movie Scraper Enabled with the settings set to IMDB (I also have TMDB scraper enabled but I don't know how to disable that or if I'd even want to)...
The adding a video manually via the tt0361752 is still working, and I just confirmed it with both TMdb and the Universal scraper. Kodi 17 Ensure you have hit the 'manual' button and delete the search term then enter the number.
@seth.feinberg

I just tested your title, and it scraped first time for me. I named it "Orson Welles The Paris Interview (1960)" just as you did.

Settings I used...
https://ibb.co/b6y09v
https://ibb.co/kp7tUv
https://ibb.co/gXRywa
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-08-03, 07:03)Karellen Wrote: @seth.feinberg

I just tested your title, and it scraped first time for me. I named it "Orson Welles The Paris Interview (1960)" just as you did.

Settings I used...
https://ibb.co/b6y09v
https://ibb.co/kp7tUv
https://ibb.co/gXRywa

Awesome, thanks so much for that. I'm not in front of my client, but it looks similar...except MAYBE i still have TMDB set as scraper in the set content area. Also, I only tested "Orson Welles_ The Paris Interview (1960)" and "Orson Welles: The Paris Interview (1960)" and I never changed the name of the file, only the search term during the refresh (the name has remained "Orson Welles_ The Paris Interview (1960)"). Though none of this explains why replacing the search term with tt0361752 didn't work, so I'll double check that Scraper setting again. Where do I set that again? in File view of Videos?
Context menu, 'change content' brings up scraper and settings choice.
(2017-08-03, 06:41)PatK Wrote: The adding a video manually via the tt0361752 is still working, and I just confirmed it with both TMdb and the Universal scraper. Kodi 17 Ensure you have hit the 'manual' button and delete the search term then enter the number.

Ooo so this shouldn't be related to the scraper I've selected. So I'm still under Kodi 16, but I assume selecting "Yes" when prompted to "Refresh from Internet" is the same? If not I don't see a manual option in v16. I'll happily upgrade, I was just waiting to sort out another PC issue first, but if its holding back this issue, it's not terribly important to continue to resist...
Quote:"Yes" when prompted to "Refresh from the Internet" is the same?
Yes, and looking around the requestor prior to choice you should spot a Manual function, toggle that.. delete whatever is in the 'suggested title line', and place your tt code.
(2017-08-03, 21:38)PatK Wrote:
Yes, and looking around the requestor prior to choice you should spot a Manual function, toggle that.. delete whatever is in the 'suggested title line', and place your tt code.

Hmmm I didn't see a Manual function toggle in the requestor. I accidently "set content" on my movies, instead of just changing/checking the scraper and did a Refresh Path. Soo that was going on all night. I'll try to test tonight...
(2017-08-04, 16:45)seth.feinberg Wrote:
(2017-08-03, 21:38)PatK Wrote:

Hmmm I didn't see a Manual function toggle in the requestor. I accidently "set content" on my movies, instead of just changing/checking the scraper and did a Refresh Path. Soo that was going on all night. I'll try to test tonight...

Well i totally screwed something up. Got all my movies duped. One from nfs://<hostname> and one from nfs://<ipaddress> and could not for the life of me figure out how to remove just the <ipaddress ones>....until I did, but at the cost of all the TV Shows, Standup, Short Films and 3D movies...sigh. So I figured that was the perfect time to just update to 17.3, and upon reimport I lost all the watch status's of my TV Shows (even though I exported my Library to individual files). I luckily renamed my MyVideos99 database to bakMyVideos99 in MySQL. I'll start a new thread but does anybody know a way to import the watched status's from that MySQL database into the newly created one?

On the plus side I was able to correctly scan the THREE movies that started me on this path....
Quote:On the plus side I was able to correctly scan the THREE movies that started me on this path....
But your knowledge has grown by leaps and bounds, priceless. Import-export library (wiki) section 6 Other Options. HOW-TO:Backup the video library (wiki) and this HOW-TO:Update SQL databases when files move HOW-TO:Update SQL databases when files move (wiki)

As an aside, some use the add-on Add-on:Trakt (wiki) might be worth investigation.
(2017-08-07, 19:03)PatK Wrote:
Quote:On the plus side I was able to correctly scan the THREE movies that started me on this path....
But your knowledge has grown by leaps and bounds, priceless. Import-export library (wiki) section 6 Other Options. HOW-TO:Backup the video library (wiki) and this HOW-TO:Update SQL databases when files move HOW-TO:Update SQL databases when files move (wiki)

Indeed. Look at me now Mom! Thanks for the links. I thought I had <importwatchedstatus> set to true...is that no longer a thing?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manually adding missing movie by imdb id0