Not a bug report ;-)
Wink 
I know XBMC support ubuntu with nVidia video card only. And XBMC not accept bug report. But fix it early will be easier than latter.

Using ubuntu 7.10, and Matrox Graphic Card to build XBMC. Matrox Graphic Card has OpenGL support (1.4.5.2 driver).

I build XBMC before install the Matrox Driver, but since no OpenGL support, it very slow. So I install the driver (OpenGL works, glxinfo and glxgears verified), but the color was too bright. I thought I may need to rebuild it based on new driver. So I try to rebuild it. But now it cannot go though.

Part of error is:
GraphicContext.cpp:555: error: reference to âBOOLâ is ambiguous
../xbmc/linux/PlatformDefs.h:114: error: candidates are: typedef int BOOL
/usr/include/X11/Xmd.h:165: error: typedef Surface::CARD8 Surface::BOOL
GraphicContext.cpp:555: error: reference to âBOOLâ is ambiguous
../xbmc/linux/PlatformDefs.h:114: error: candidates are: typedef int BOOL
/usr/include/X11/Xmd.h:165: error: typedef Surface::CARD8 Surface::BOOL
GraphicContext.cpp:555: error: âBOOLâ has not been declared

It looks like typedef conflict. And BOOL, BYTE is very common type name been used. Can this been improved?
As you already know and have been told, the developers have made it very clear that they are not accepting bug reports and that nVidia are the only supported cards. Therefore, your best bet is to fix it yourself.
And do the Matrox card comply with the requirements? OpenGL 2.0 and shader model 3.0? If not, it will never work for XBMC..
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
An incomplete log like that isn't of much use, pastebin the entire error message.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not a bug report ;-)0