Linux Sound volume very low
Music 
Im a long time linux user, and no matter what flavour of OS I use, or machine I run it on, Kodi always seems to have a very very low output volume.

On both systems, I use the built-in volume control of Kodi (as we only use one remote for control, we dont want to have to control each device separately)

I have two full-time systems in my home at this time, one is running LibreELEC and the other is arch linux.
On both systems, the software mixer on alsa is at full volume, the LibreELEC box is plugged into my Hifi via HDMI which needs to be on 60 (It goes as high as 70), and I still have to have the volume amplification in the media settings set at +30db.
The arch linux box is plugged into a 42" TV which needs to have its volume on 90 (Goes up to 100) and also needs to have the volume amplification set to +30db

Any other program started outside of kodi blasts our ears off at correct volume (because of this issue with Kodi, we have to run spotify at 5% to be roughly inline with what kodi puts out)

Does anyone else get this? Is there a way to bypass the audio volume system in kodi so that it uses the system mixers instead of its built-in ? The volume that kodi puts out is far far lower than what would be expected (Kind of like if you plugged speakers into an RCA audio port)

Cheers
Post a Debug Log.
Make sure your alsa volume (alsamixer) is up.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound volume very low0