MCE Remote/Mapping keyboard with remote buddy
I got my mce remote to start working with xbmc, so the up down left right keys work, the clear key takes me back a menu and enter ofcourse enters. this is all without remote buddy. now i'm wondering if i get remote buddy, i am planning to program my mce remote fully, but that would mean i'd have to know keyboard shortcuts for the additional menu items, other than the default 7 keys supported my apple remote.

to clarify what i mean is, is there a keyboard shortcut to jump to my tv, movies, weather, music, etc. that way i can program mce's top buttons to those respective functions.
additionally, when playing videos you get that scroll bar and menu at the bottom, but right now i have to manually navigate to the function i require, forward, skip, etc, (i.e. othr than play pause which works directly with apple remote), i'd like to program those keys to give me forward rewing skip functions. but all this requires there to be keyboard shortcuts programmed within xbmc. does it have any of these shortcuts? or planned?
I have found this page
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml
im guessing this universally applies to all xbmc versions including os x?
if i simply edit the keymap.xml file and assign each action to a keyboard function, and then map that with remote buddy to my mce it should technically work?
if someone has alreayd programmed an xml file like this it would really help out if i could get it off you. and additionally, i havent tried this on remote buddy but if someone has already mapped the keys to the default mce remote and sends me config that would be awesome.
nmirza Wrote:I got my mce remote to start working with xbmc, so the up down left right keys work, the clear key takes me back a menu and enter ofcourse enters. this is all without remote buddy. now i'm wondering if i get remote buddy, i am planning to program my mce remote fully, but that would mean i'd have to know keyboard shortcuts for the additional menu items, other than the default 7 keys supported my apple remote.

Wait you got the MS MCE (windows) RC6 remote to work? Or the MS MCE Extender (xbox) RC5 remote to work? Which one and how did you manage this feat? The RC6 shouldn't work (yet) and the RC5 "might". I don't know anyone using either. Also I don't think remote buddy supports either one at this point. They were talking about adding it (for about a year now) but haven't last time I checked.
Hi i have MCE remote control for windows with ir reciever plz how to makeit work in xbmc (osx) thnx m

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote/Mapping keyboard with remote buddy0