VPN Configuration
Greetings,
I have recently installed Kodi and OpenVPN for Android on my Firestick (Gen 2) and have came across a problem (I did not put OpenVPN in Kodi as an add-on but I am trying to use it with Kodi). I am using Mullvad VPN service and it is running properly on the app but when I exit and check my network settings on my Firestick I still have the same IP address and my primary DNS address is still connected under my home router. The issue that arises is when I get on Kodi and check in the system settings it says I have the Mullavad IP address from one of their servers, BUT the primary DNS is still saying it is connected to my router just like at the Firestick networks page. (I am not sure if the Primary DNS makes a difference in this case but I thought I would mention it just in case Confused ) So, my questions is am I truly connected to this VPN, and if I am is only my Kodi activity being hidden from my ISP provider? Thanks for the help

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. I wasn't sure if this is classified as an add on or a service or what Sad
Thread moved to off topic.

We do not support VPN usage with Kodi here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks for reaching for help in our forum.
Kodi is a media player and does not need a VPN to function properly.
I suggest you seek support for your VPN woes from your VPN provider.
Good luck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VPN Configuration0