Get online poster from moviedb for collections
Wink 
Hello together,

can anyone tell me how it is possible to get the online poster from the moviedb for collections?
The collection is using various posters from the containing movies.
I'm using version 17.3 for windows and a mysql database on a Synology NAS. It should also work on a RaspberyPI.
Thanks for your help
There is no native function within Kodi to download artwork for Movie Sets.

You will need to locate the images, download them, then manually apply them.

See http://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Just curious then,
I never manually downloaded any artwork for my sets.
Still allot of my sets have sets artwork.
How come ?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Are they specifically Movie Set Artwork? What normally happens is that Kodi simply uses the artwork from one of the movies in the set. I don't know the logic it uses to decide which movie the artwork comes from.

https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/74...anguage=en

Look at the above link, which is the link to the X-Men Collection at TMDB. Notice that the posters all have the word "Collection" in them. That is how most (not all) Movie Set Artwork is distinguished from the general movie posters. Do your sets have this type of artwork?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
if i understand you correctly:
you mean the word "Collection" on the poster? if yes, how should kody know or read this without a OCR plug-in?
here is an example:
https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/37...uage=de-DE

Poster is set to German language but kody does not load it from the internet.
another question is in this case, what will happen when two posters are set with the same language?

if i try to manage my collection and choose online poster, i only can see the posters from the movies and can't see it from the collection.
little bit odd.
sorry for my bad english, i'm not a native speaker :-)
That is ok. I am having no problems understanding Smile

Yes, I mean the word Collection on the poster. It does not need OCR, as these posters are stored in the Collections section, not the Movies section.

Quote:Poster is set to German language but kody does not load it from the internet.
That depends on how you have your scraper setup. If you have set it with German language, then it should scrape the poster. If you set it with English language, then it will not scrape a German poster.

Quote:another question is in this case, what will happen when two posters are set with the same language?
It will just pick the most popular one. It is upto you to then decide if you want to change it. Remember, Kodi does not know what you like. It will give you default artwork, then you have to change it if you don't like it.

Quote:if i try to manage my collection and choose online poster, i only can see the posters from the movies and can't see it from the collection.

https://www.themoviedb.org/search/collection?query=xmen

This link above is the link to the X-Men Collections page. See along the left list, you have Movies, TV Shows, Collections, People, Companies and Keyword. I selected Collections. This is a different page to the X-Men Movies. The scrapers do not access the Collections page, which is why you cannot scrape Movie Set artwork.
My Signature
hope the developer team will maybe change it so it is possible to get the collection poster from the online source too. then it's not required to do it manually :-)
Check out Artwork Beef, an add-on I've been working on. It's designed to set extended artwork for items in the video library, and movie set artwork (from TheMovieDB and fanart.tv) is among them. The first post might be a hefty read, but the add-on is fairly straightforward and runs automatically after library updates.
@rmrector,

Thanks for that note. I have included it in the Movie Artwork page also. http://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Get online poster from moviedb for collections0