Movie Sets with multi discs.
I own a bunch of documentary dvd sets that require inserting each disc, cause its not set up as one whole movie but each disc has menu's with specific content. Was wondering how I go about setting them up in Ember. They are pretty much all of the same subject matter. As it stands, when I click on each movie, it shows disc 1 but not the others. Any help would be appreciated Smile
I do not fully understand. You have a documentary as physical discs and you use discstub to show it in Kodi? Do you've showed if this documentary is listet as tv show on TVDB? In most cases it makes more sense to add it as tv show.
Perhaps someone else will come up with a better idea. Rip each dvd to an iso image, use Makemkv. Do that for each disk, then rename each disk, with Blah Blah (1990) but give each disk a different name.

What is the name of the documentary? perhaps someone can suggest what to rename them.
Thank you both for the replies. Most of the Sets I have are made by a company owned and operated by one person named Spacecraftfilms. They are aimed at mainly a small group of people unlike main stream movies and what not so its hard to find some of them on sites like tvdb and Imdb and what not. a few have come up but its split. Only 1 so far that Ive found was on tvdb. Ive copied all the sets I have to ISO and originally labelled each one with the name of the set followed by Disc 1 , Disc 2, etc. Some of the sets did come up in Kodi but at least 3 didn't so going to try and set all of them up via Ember Media Manager. Setting them up as a tv series is probably going to be the only way to get them all to work. An example of one of the sets is called "Apollo 15 Man Must Explore" which consists of 6 seperate dvd's. Another is "Apollo 8 Leaving The Cradle" which only has 3 discs. I'll just have to play around with EMM . Already made the Posters/fan art and what not for them.
Movies will be stacked if you name it with CDx and save it in the same folder. That means Kodi and Ember show it as one entry. In Kodi you can use the context menu play a specific disc, otherwise Kodi will start the next disc automatically after first disc has ended. Stacking is intended for movies that has been splittet into two or more discs (like old ripped movies to more than one 700 MB CD's).

What you can do is to save each ISO in own folders and rename the title manually in "Apollo 15 Man Must Explore - Disc 1" and so on and manually create a MovieSet "Apollo 15 Man Must Explore Collection" in Ember to add all individual movies. With individual movies it's also possible to use different covers/poster for each movie.

If you have "movies" as ISOs like a BBC documentary with different episodes on each disc I whould set it as tv show and rename each disc to "Apollo 15 - S01E01E02E03.iso", "Apollo 15 - S01E04E05E06.iso" (and so on) or extract each chapter to an own MKV file.
You could use Dans naming scheme and just input the info from the companys website http://spacehistory.tv/blog/?product=apo...the-cradle
Something like this for Disc2
Apollo 8-Leaving the Cradle S02E01E02E03.nfo
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<episodedetails>
  <title>TV Transmission #1</title>
  <season>2</season>
  <episode>1</episode>
  <plot>...took place on Sunday, December 22nd, 1968, at 31:08 ground elapsed time. At this point the spacecraft was approximately halfway between the Earth and the Moon. This transmission shows the interior of the spacecraft with an attempt to show views of the Earth. Trouble with the telephoto lens prevented good pictures of Earth. Audio is air to ground with the flight director’s loop. (13:50)</plot>
</episodedetails>

<episodedetails>
  <title>TV Transmission #2</title>
  <season>2</season>
  <episode>2</episode>
  <plot>...on Monday, December 23rd, showed the Earth from a distance of 180,000 miles. Audio is air to ground with flight director’s loop. 55:07 GET. (21:52)</plot>
</episodedetails>

<episodedetails>
  <title>TV Transmission #3</title>
  <season>2</season>
  <episode>3</episode>
  <plot>...the first of two transmissions on Christmas Eve, gave television audiences their first close up views of the lunar surface. During this transmission, the spacecraft was in a 168.8 x 59.9 nautical mile orbit of the Moon. Audio from air to ground and the flight director’s loop. 71:40 GET. (12:40)</plot>
</episodedetails>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Sets with multi discs.0