Req Save skin settings on exiting skin settings menu
In Krypton the skin settings are not saved immediately after changing them, but only on switching skins and a clean shutdown. In Isengard they were (AFAIK) saved immediately on leaving the skin settings menu.

I would dearly love to see this change be reversed, if it's not too much trouble. I would imagine that if this was a deliberate change there were good reasons for it, but personally I think it's a pain. :-)
Actually I found this on our github https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7359#i...-214978674

Remember github is not for user support or discussions
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
We could really think about to save the settings if leaving the settings window. This will fix the issue in 99.9% of the cases.

EDIT: I'm currently on it.
PR: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12648 not sure if we want to backport to 17.4
(2017-08-08, 07:04)xhaggi Wrote: We could really think about to save the settings if leaving the settings window. This will fix the issue in 99.9% of the cases.

EDIT: I'm currently on it.

Good man. Smile

It's not a big issue but it's massively confusing. Settings used to get saved, now they don't, and linking it to an unclean shutdown on the RPi (on which it is tempting to just pull the plug) is not intuitive. (It had me stumped for months at least. Big Grin)

Thanks!!
We've changed the approach to save the settings immediately after changing them.
The PR was merged for v18 (Leia), keep this in mind. Not sure about a backport to v17.
(2017-08-15, 17:45)xhaggi Wrote: We've changed the approach to save the settings immediately after changing them.
The PR was merged for v18 (Leia), keep this in mind. Not sure about a backport to v17.
And there was much rejoicing. Big Grin

Thank you, sir! Awesome job. I wouldn't worry about backporting to v17 too much. That's what new releases are for!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Save skin settings on exiting skin settings menu0