Win Trimmed MOV Files No Longer Play
Hi,

I have many MOV video clips from an AiM SmartyCAM HD. They Normally, I get them from the camera, open them in QuickTime Pro, trim length, and "Save As Self-Contained Movie". I've done this for many vids over the past few years and the trimmed vids have always played nicely in Kodi.

Here are the details on a video fresh from the camera:

Now that I've upgraded to v17, the files in my repository will no longer play. In working with new files, I've found that the files where I trim off the start of the video are the ones that don't work. If I leave the beginning of the video, trimming off the tail only, they seem to play OK.

The only other work around has been re-encoding the whole vid, but that's a massive pain.

Here are the details on a video where the front end was trimmed. It will not play in Kodi.

Here is an example of a vid that won't play in my system, in case anyone wants to try it on their machine. FYI: Youtube accepts the file and deals with it fine.

Trimmed AX Run

Nothing in the camera set-up has changed over this period. System is windows 10 Home, Nvidia video card, 16GB of RAM.

I'd appreciate any help you can offer.
Here is a quicklog. It includes start-up, successful play an untrimmed mov file, attempt to play a trimmed mov file, attempt to play the files via youtube add-on, which also fails.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/25264561/

Thanks!
I had the same issue with your sample and Kodi 17.4 RC1 but Leia plays it like a champ.
I installed the nightly of Leia just now and the vids play, but not always from the start. Seems playback is looking for some reference frame.

Frustrating.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trimmed MOV Files No Longer Play0