• 2(current)
RunXM
netropolis Wrote:only problem was after it cached the necessary part of the stream the music started but a pop up indicated it had a problem and I should quit and try again with "Ok" as an option...

HOWEVER the music started anyway! and it ran for hours... So it works but THINKS it has a problem...

this sounds like an XBMC error, not an error with RunXM. i can't say that i have an error message saying to quit and try again.

netropolis Wrote:Good enough for me!!! I will see if i can post that login here in case you want to take a peek.

the login for XM radio? don't worry about it.

netropolis Wrote:All things considered though - I am happy as hell

thanks Calvn!

no problem, man!
RunXM 0.16 is out!

Features added in this release:
- An 'About' dialog, which says the version of RunXM that is running, and the date of last update to the RunXM script and XM channel database
- A 'biography' of the song's artist playing while listening to a station's stream, supplied by Yahoo! Music when available. This updates every 25 seconds or so along with the artist/song info, so you'll lose the page of the bio if/when you're reading through it. I'm trying and looking for a way to work around this, but bare with me and this quirk until it's solved.

If you have not used RunXM before, or have a version of RunXM before 0.15, download the new installation file at either link:
http://www.xbmczone.com/plugin_details.asp?id=57
http://www.leknifragonline.net/RunXM/RunXM.zip

If you've never used RunXM before, on first run, you'll be prompted to enter your username and password of XM Radio's Online Streaming service. After doing this, restart RunXM, and enjoy listening.

netropolis Wrote:only problem was after it cached the necessary part of the stream the music started but a pop up indicated it had a problem and I should quit and try again with "Ok" as an option...

HOWEVER the music started anyway! and it ran for hours... So it works but THINKS it has a problem...

Can I ask and see if you have been running XBMC on a display with a width resolution higher than 1050 pixels?
If so, I fudged and left off some variables for the CD image display, and it killed the script once it got to that point. That is fixed in this version as well.
Is there anyway that this now working script can be adapted to connect to Sirius online?
It's funny you ask that... originally, RunXM was adapted from a script for Sirius radio. How the tide turns Laugh

Since this is a topic for XM Radio, not Sirius, I won't post anything here, though check the Sirius topic or my recent messages through my profile for the responses.
NOTE: As of 01/02 at 4:30pm EST, the XM Radio Online streaming services itself currently seems to be experiencing problems displaying anything, and due to this, listening to channels through RunXM from within XBMC will be hit or miss until this is resolved by XM Radio. This may mean a new version of RunXM will need to be released.

EDIT: As of 01/02 at 4:47pm EST, XM Radio Online streaming services seem to be back up and running.
Now that the holidays have passed, Sirius/XM have moved and re-enabled a couple channels that were taken offline. I'll be making my rounds to the XBMC scripts sites to update the installations of these with the new versions, as soon as I get a little more testing in to make sure everything works alright.

This release fixes the artist's biography from returning to the beginning every 25 seconds as it had before. This also fixes some small interface issues, which should now allow for RunXM to work across all XBMC platforms, Mac/Windows/Linux/XBox.
Hello I tried to install and use this script. I just cannot get it to work. When I try to run it for the first time it will display the "running) line, then that will go away. I will then check the debug log and I get invalid syntax. This is for different reasons, lines etc. At first I thought that it was because it was the way that I was transfering it over, but it will get so far then give that error. Any help would be great!
Thanks
Michael.
I transfered the files using Windows Explorer and it now works great. Thanks for the great program!!
mstanka:
glad to see its working for you now!

I'll be making the rounds to the XBMC python scripts sites to update RunXM to a new version, but you can check the sites xbmczone.com and leknifragonline.net/RunXM/ to download the upgrades and apply these yourself, it will be posted to Passion-XBMC Installer soon.

Changes:
XM Radio's website seems to have stopped access to the XM channel logos downloaded through this script. There's not much I can do, if that block resides on their servers. Adding the logos to the installation zip files will add a significant amount file size. You can download the logos separately, by going to my website listed in my signature.

The artist biography now doesn't reset to the first page when artist/song/CD updates occur, so you won't lose your place if you are reading through it. A new file is now placed inside the data folder, called bio.txt, and it contains the artist and biography that will be displayed within the script.
Notice: XM Radio has sent out an email about it's online streaming service. Most likely you'll have gotten this already thru XM Radio, but if you hadn't heard yet, XM Radio will be upgrading its current online streaming service to a new service with higher quality audio. XM Radio will begin charging for online streaming services after March 11th, 2009, at $2.99 per month, but you can keep the service free for up to three years by going to http://www.xmradio.com/lockintoday.

As for RunXM, this upgrade may stop this script from working in it's current form.

I've been using XM Radio's online through my dad's account, and he does not want to sign up for the online streaming service. I probably will not be able to make any further changes to the RunXM script after March 11th. Would anyone like to pick this up from me?
After March 11, if you're on a 1, 2, 3 year XM plan already, then your free online access will continue until your current plan expires.

The XM letter couldn't have been more confusingly written: Three sentences in a paragraph, each of them implying something different = 100% confusion.
dmidi Wrote:After March 11, if you're on a 1, 2, 3 year XM plan already, then your free online access will continue until your current plan expires.

In that case, still my dad's decided not to sign up for the "lock in today" offer. Then, I should be able to keep up RunXM until the current plan he has expires.
XM Radio's Online Radio login page has changed to reflect the changes in the streaming package, but the log-in process has not changed, and as of 9:25am, March 11th, RunXM and the account I'm using is still working. I am streaming everything. It has a lower audio quality, but it is bearable. Can anyone who has upgraded try out RunXM, see if it works for them?
I have added this script and seem to be having issues.
When I run it... I am asked for my user name and password
It tells me the Username and Password was saved then it says I need to restart. I click OK
Then I get another screen that says Please exit and restart RunXM by hitting the back button to quit.

When I run it again... I am prompted to enter in my user name and password again. and its a never ending loop.

From the Show Debug:

-->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
Screen width
Screen height

and that is all it ever says.

Can anyone help?
Oh and I have logged into the XM Web Interface to make sure that my username and password are working.

Cheers
Whit
Whit27 Wrote:I have added this script and seem to be having issues.
When I run it... I am asked for my user name and password
It tells me the Username and Password was saved then it says I need to restart. I click OK
Then I get another screen that says Please exit and restart RunXM by hitting the back button to quit.

When I run it again... I am prompted to enter in my user name and password again. and its a never ending loop.

what XBMC are you running it on? (XBox, Windows, Mac, Linux...)
if you're on anything besides the XBox, try opening the "scripts/RunXM/data/login.txt" file.. check it to see if your username and password are actually stored in there. if you're on an XBox, transfer the file over to a computer, follow the directions below, then reupload it.

if you're on windows vista , XBMC sometimes doesn't get permission to edit a file, so that may be the only problem you're experiencing. to change it yourself, copy the file above to a location (ie desktop), open it and you'll see "NEW|NEW|" in the file

replace the first NEW with the username, and the second with your password.
you do need the "|" in between the username and password, and after the password.
save and close this file, then reupload it to your xbox, or replace the file in your installation.

when you've done this, repost and let me know if it's up and running.

also: let me know how RunXM looks in your resolution. i don't have anythign capable of that, so i haven't been able to test it.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RunXM0