• 3(current)
RunXM
I've run into a couple quirks in RunXM, I'm running through trying to fix these. Overall, there's small tweaks, and small changes in the channel listings. I'll get an update posted either Thursday or Friday.
Well I got it working... It was that the login info was not being saved.
Resolution it looks nice and clean.
But does this show the song and artis info? or just list the channels and you select it and it plays with out the info?
or have I missed something.
Oh and the buffering was alittle slow but hey I can live with that!
I am running this on a Vista Box.
and its 0.17 is the script.
Whit
Whit27 Wrote:But does this show the song and artis info? or just list the channels and you select it and it plays with out the info?
or have I missed something.

Nope, you haven't missed something... This is another quirk RunXM experiences with windows in general (I believe it works correctly on the other XBMC OS variations), and I can't find a way to get it to work right.

With windows, if you select the channel once, it'll open and start the stream. If you select the same channel (or a different channel), you'll go into the current playing screen. You shouldn't have to click on a channel twice during that session of using RunXM, but if it does occur, this is how you can get around it. I'm sorry that occurs.

By the way, on windows (maybe the others?), you don't have to wait long for buffering, you can force play by pressing the space bar. :-D
Thanks for the Buffer info... That worked great... Also by clicking on the channel again I do get the Now Playing info.

Well its gerat to be able to get music... Thanks for your help.

How come you are not able to display Channel Logos or anything like that? That would be kind of cool also...

Cheers
Whit
Now the issue I am seeing is that after about 2 minutes of running the screen goes black and displays
a Bar at the bottom of the screen that shows the amount of time I have been running the script... plus says: reflector 60896

What does this mean?
Whit27 Wrote:Now the issue I am seeing is that after about 2 minutes of running the screen goes black and displays
a Bar at the bottom of the screen that shows the amount of time I have been running the script... plus says: reflector 60896

What does this mean?

black screen is most likely the screensaver of XBMC. to change that, go into settings, appearance, then make changes on the screensaver menu.
the "reflector 60896" is, i believe, the title that XM Radio sends over their stream, and the time showing up there is actually the length of time the file had been streaming.

Whit27 Wrote:How come you are not able to display Channel Logos or anything like that? That would be kind of cool also...

channel logos used to be displayed automatically, however, on all platforms of XBMC, the logos stopped downloading off of XM Radio's website... it's possible they disabled external references to their site. in the next release i make of RunXM (soon i hope), i'll make XM radio logos available in a downloadable file.
An new/updated version of RunXM is up on various websites.

xbmczone.com and it's installer, and my website, leknifragonline.net/RunXM/ contain the updated versions now, PassionXBMC will have it on their next update.

this updates channel listings, and changes how things work with the station logos. it used to be that the image would be downloaded by XBMC and RunXM when you went to a new station, it seems that this doesn't work anymore, either because XM Radio blocks images from external referrers. now, if a logo file for the channel is found in the images folder of RunXM, that image will be displayed. if it is not found, a generic XM Radio image will be displayed.

i'm providing a zip file of XM Radio's station logos on my own website for download. it's only 1MB, but i don't want to add this to the installation packages, because these are not a requirement for the script, but an enhancement:
http://www.leknifragonline.net/RunXM/xmlogos.zip
all you need to do is extract this into scripts/RunXM/images/

i'll be adding information about some problems i've found that people are having on my website.
Just downloaded the new 0.17a version and also put the logo in the Images folder.
But the only image that shows up is a Yellow XM logo with a White backgroud in the upper right of the screen. This happens for all channels.

Cheers
Whit
Whit27 Wrote:Just downloaded the new 0.17a version and also put the logo in the Images folder.
But the only image that shows up is a Yellow XM logo with a White backgroud in the upper right of the screen. This happens for all channels.

you have the images folder capitalized above, if it is capitalized, you'll need to change it to be in all lowercase. you also said that you put "the logo" in the images folder... there are about 200 logos within the zip file that it sounds like you downloaded, but it hasn't been extracted into the folder. these need to be extracted from the zip file into the images folder.

i left this in by accident to get this to work correctly, but check your scripts log for the location of the image.
if a station image is found, it will say (using Classic Vinyl, 46, as an example):
C:\Program Files\XBMC\scripts\RunXM\images\46.jpg

if the image is not found, it will say:
C:\Program Files\XBMC\scripts\RunXM\images\xmradio.gif

the XBMC installation folder will differ across the different XBMC platforms, it shouldn't cause any problems.
Thanks.... The problem was I thought the images were in the folder. But Vista would not let me extract to the folder. I had to extract to a other folder and Copy and Paste in with Admin control.
Working good now and Thanks!

Cheers
Whit
Screen Shots at 1080p Res in Windows Vista:

Cheers
Whit
Well it would seem I have gone an screwed something up now....

I moved to a different version of Xbmc

XBMC pre 9.04 SVN 18295 Compiled Mar 6 2009

The XM Script runs and shows the channel lineup. But when I select a channel it says:
loading please waot

Downloading playlist file and then it goes back to the channel lineup and nothing is playing.

The debugging info show nothing.

I have reverted back to the Stable version.

Cheers
Whit
Well I have installed a new compile of XBMC again and it seems I still have issues with running the XM Script. It works fine in the 8.10 but once I go to a different compile it won't work.

installed - XBMC pre-9.04 r18798 (Compiled: March 22, 2009)

I have tried deleting the script and downloading it again... and this is what happens:

It opens fine... I get the channel Lineup... I select the channel I want...
I then get the Artist and Song info... and it changes to the new artist info when I guess the song is over... But I get no sound.

I can go play MP3's and Movies with no issues... But the script won't play any sound.

I also have noticed that it doesn't Buffer anymore when you select the channel. It just downloads the playlist file and then goes right to song info.

Does anyone have any sort of an idea?

Whit
Hello?
Whit27 Wrote:Hello?

Hello! Laugh
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RunXM0