• 4(current)
RunXM
It came to my attention that artist biographies stopped showing up correctly within the RunXM interface. This is because Yahoo! Music changed the layout of their pages (much better look, if I say so myself). The location for the search engine results have not yet changed, however the pages that they lead to have. It's a matter of time before the search engine changes as well- I'll have to do another revision at that point, if it isn't forwarded to the new location.

I've revised the script already to fix this problem, and will be uploading it to the script installation sites soon.
As far as I know, XBMC runs most scripts correctly when using the stable versions. I believe those contain new features that aren't yet compatible with previous scripts, but when XBMC becomes stable again, it should work like normal.
Are you able to add the best of Sirius Channels - such as Howard 100 & 101? I see that you have other Sirius channels available. Other than that works great!
bronco28 Wrote:Are you able to add the best of Sirius Channels - such as Howard 100 & 101? I see that you have other Sirius channels available. Other than that works great!

That shouldn't be a problem. I opted not to add that those channels as they are an extra package to purchase. I'll add those, and get it posted as an update hopefully tomorrow night; I don't have that package, so you'll have to verify that all is working.
I will keep checking back. Once updated I will let you know if it works. Thanks.
bronco28 Wrote:I will keep checking back. Once updated I will let you know if it works. Thanks.

I added the "Best of Sirius" to the RunXM channel listings. They are under the "Other" category. As far as I can tell, it works fine. I don't have that package, so when I go into those channels, there is no audio. I do get the stream listings though. I'm not releasing this yet as an official update, I'll do that shortly after I hear that it works correctly.

Download the zip file here: http://www.leknifragonline.net/RunXM/XmBase.zip
Extract and over-write the XmBase.py file in the "XBMC/Scripts/RunXM/XmLib/" folder.
Was on the road - tried it out today - the steaming works as advertised - a few comments

Channel 99 - nice surprise

Channel 100 - the Name/Title information is not mapped correctly - it is mapped correctly on informatoin for channel 101 so this one should match 101

Channel 131 (Martha Stewart) - should be channel 157. Channel 131 is BBC Worldwide.

It would be really cool if you could add the channels for the sports play by play and weather/traffic channels (102 - 114, 174 - 246)but I am not sure if they actually stream online....

Anyways - Thanks!!!
When I redid the information, I followed what XM stated for the listings... I've fixed what you said: Channel 100 now has the same info. as 101, Martha Stewart is now on Channel 157. Not sure who would listen to Playboy Radio on XBMC, but why not.

The sports play by play, weather, and traffic channels aren't streamed online. The only sports channel within the 174-246 range is 175 (MLB Home Plate), and was already in the listings in sports.

I looked at the listing for XM, and found a couple changes/additions in stations. I'll digest the rest of these and put them into RunXM over the next day or so and release a new version of RunXM through the XBMC script installation points.
It seems that I get this error when running RunXM and several other scripts but not all, since some function correctly the error suggests a platform, path or skin issue but then I've never seen python scripting before...

anyway, when RunXM is run I consistantly get this error:

Error
Python script failed:
special://home/scripts/RunXM/default.py

Any ideas please?
what platform are you using XBMC on, and what version of XBMC are you using?

i've noticed this happens with this script on 9.04 XBMC. i thought i had updated the script to fix that problem, but looking at whats available on my site and script download sites, I see that it had not been fixed yet- my fault.

basically, the new XBMC apparently broke the username/password saving. an update is out now.

ihjones, i'm assuming that you hadn't used RunXM prior to this and that you used an "upgrade installation." use the "new installation" available on my RunXM site below, or which ever script installation program you used before, and then you should be able to use RunXM.

bronco28, updated channel listings available in the "upgrade installation"...

fyi: xbmczone's install plugin seems to overwrite the RunXM folder, so you'll lose the login file totally.
calvin8714 Wrote:what platform are you using XBMC on, and what version of XBMC are you using?

i've noticed this happens with this script on 9.04 XBMC. i thought i had updated the script to fix that problem, but looking at whats available on my site and script download sites, I see that it had not been fixed yet- my fault.

basically, the new XBMC apparently broke the username/password saving. an update is out now.

ihjones, i'm assuming that you hadn't used RunXM prior to this and that you used a "new installation." use the "new installation" available on my RunXM site below, or which ever script installation program you used before, and then you should be able to use RunXM.

Thanks for the reply Smile

Windows platform Vista x86 / Win7 x64
XBMC 9.04.1

Correct RunXM is a new install (but now it's not!) so I'll try to delete the directory and install the version from your site Thx
This error happens during initial loading and hangs at this error Sad
Rainbow 
I had been using runxm 1.5 with no issues at all since the XM / sirrus merger. I did pay for the high bandwidth stream and it was working fine yesterday.

This morning I began getting "login Error - Error logging into XM please double check your username and password" - I have and they are correct - and they do allow me access through the embedded XM player( http://www.xmradio.com/player/listen/playerShell.action) on their web page. So I've upgraded to the latest version I could find - located here - http://www.leknifragonline.net/RunXM/ , updated the login.txt file with my info, ftp'd it up to overwrite the old version, verified the info through the "change login" feature and I'm still getting the same original error
the highest version of runxm i've done is 0.18, not 1.5. just curious about that....?

it's sounding like XM may have changed the back end of the login. i'm at work and can't take a look at it right now, i'll check it out tonight.
just as suspected, there was a drastic change in xm's online streaming site, so almost all references to logging in and song URL references have changed. it's not an easy fix, and I'd need to adjust this script to adapt to their changes. at this point, i'm thinking of taking down the ability to download this script until this is sorted out. if anyone's willing to provide help, let me know.

Mehudsonme Wrote:This morning I began getting "login Error - Error logging into XM please double check your username and password" - I have and they are correct - and they do allow me access through the embedded XM player( http://www.xmradio.com/player/listen/playerShell.action) on their web page.

The former log in (and what RunXM used to log in) was at "http://xmro.xmradio.com/xstream/login_servlet.jsp", now it is "http://www.xmradio.com/player/login/xmlogin.action" and the methods to perform the log in has changed as well.
looking more into the code, xmradio now requires the password to be encrypted before receiving any content. that said, not knowing their encryption method, and (as far as i can tell) xbmc not having a way to do so, unfortunately, runxm may have to be retired soon. i'll make more attempts at fixing it (and/or workarounds) within the next couple days, but at this point, it's not looking good.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RunXM0