PS3 Remote Setup - Recording and keymap problems
Question 1: Keymapping
My goal is to assign an unused button a command that will take me to my movies library no matter what screen I happen to already be on. I would like to do the same for "Live TV", TV Shows, Music.
I have created the following keyboard.xml expecting Kodi to recognize these maps when starting. But it never works. Other people said they made this work but never post the functioning xml.

Can someone help me out with this (in this case I'm using F keys and there is absolutely no other code in my xml file)?

<!--Template XBMC keyboard file-->
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<key id="VK_F3">ActivateWindow(Videos,TvShowTitles,return))</key>
<key id="VK_F4">ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return))</key>
<key id="VK_F5">ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Artists,return)</key>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
Question 2: "At-Will" Recording
I have not been able to find a way to do "at-will" recording with Kodi (press a record button and capture anything currently on the screen). I managed to work around this by installing Camtasia. I have a batch file that kicks off recording silently:

start "" "C:\Path\CamtasiaRecorder.exe" /r

I then gave the batch file a keyboard shortcut "ctrl+shift+r" and binded this key combo to the R1 button on my PS3 remote.
I binded "F10" to R2 to stop recording.
Camtasia configured to use date-time as filename and auto save after recording stops to "\\path\filename.avi"

Now I have a "Start REC" and "Stop REC" button on my remote. I can record "at will" without using the scheduler and it work even if I'm not watching LiveTV. Everything works as expected but only when Kodi is NOT running in full screen mode.

Is there some other way to do this?
All this is for 5x PS3 remotes that I am setting up.

Here are a few of the remotes. Notice the smaller remotes have all of the "R" buttons labeled
watch gallery
nobody can help with keymap?
I got everything working!

Question 1: Keymapping - ANSWER BELOW

Ctrl+T = Takes me directy to TV Shows
Ctrl+M = Takes me directy to Movies
Ctrl+S = Takes me directy to Music
G = Takes me all the way back out to the home screen no matter what screen I am on
Ctrl+A = Toggles playback language (I have a lot of eng/jap anime shows)
Ctrl+T = Cleans the library without having to go to the settings menu_

Below is my keymap

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<t mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(Videos,TvShowTitles,return))</t>
<m mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return))</m>
<s mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Artists,return)</s>
<g>ActivateWindow(Home)</g>
<a mod="ctrl">AudioNextLanguage</a>
<c mod="ctrl">CleanLibrary(video)</c>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Question 2: "At-Will" Recording - ANSWER BELOW
I have buttons to start, pause and stop recording at will but they will not work if Kodi is full screen. It turns out that this is a limitation of the "Camtasia" software as it cannot capture ANYTHING full screen (not just Kodi). This means that I can see my windows menu bar at the bottom of the screen in my recordings.

My work around:
create a template that simply crops out that part of the screen in handbrake. A batch file kicks off at the end of recording that applies the template via the handbrake command line and dumps the newly cropped/compressed file into a "Recordings" folder that kodi plays back from.

FYI
I used a p-touch and black tape w/ white letters to make the custom button stickers. Blank black tape was used to cover up all Playstation insignia's, logos and unused buttons in some cases.
scroll through the images I posted to check them out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PS3 Remote Setup - Recording and keymap problems0