Sending keyboard commands to Flirc IR receiver on OpenElec player?
I have a Harmony Hub, and I currently control Kodi by using this method:

https://support.myharmony.com/en-in/harm...-with-kodi

Quote:Harmony IR based remotes
  • If you're using Flirc, Enter the manufacturer as Flirc and the model as Kodi.

But my problem is that I can't use a few commands, namely: Escape, Tab, and the M key. How can I simply send keyboard commands instead of the predefined items under Flirc:

Intel NUC 11 NUC11PAHi3 // LibreELEC 11.0
I've done that before. It's a bit hacky and takes a couple steps. In the Harmony app you need to add another device (assuming you can - I'm not sure what the device/activity limit is on that remote). Any device will do. Pick something you don't own (and probably never will). Once that is done in the Harmony button assignments I assign the button I want to do something new to some command from the device (again, I tend to pick really strange commands). Save that and reload the Harmony. Now open up the Flirc app on whatever machine you have that plugged into. Can from the Kodi layout to the generic keyboard. Then I learn that random command and assign it a keyboard press.

I found the Flirc Kodi settings to be about 90% fine. This helped me round out my remote functions to get things running the way I wanted.
Thanks for the reply! My IR receiver is plugged into my Intel NUC, running OpenElec though..
Intel NUC 11 NUC11PAHi3 // LibreELEC 11.0
If the IR receiver is a FLIRC, then there are two choices. If there's software for OpenElec, then my instructions will still work. If not, unplug it from your NUC and into another machine with the FLIRC software on it. The FLIRC stores all the changes on the device, so once you update the IR stuff to map it to a keyboard stroke, then you can move it back. I did this for the initial setup. I had the FLIRC plugged into my Mac, got it configured, then moved it to my HTPC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sending keyboard commands to Flirc IR receiver on OpenElec player?0