Bug [Now with Log!] Adding TV shows causes combined items
(2017-08-12, 18:21)Derek Wrote: Not sure if this is relevant but if you have a mac it can cause ghosts of your content.
I did have a MacBook but I've gone through and killed all the ghosts in Linux using the terminal. Not sure why it would be causing issues between various shows when those shows are all in their own directories though.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F
(2017-08-12, 21:01)bornagainpengui Wrote:
(2017-08-12, 18:21)Derek Wrote: Not sure if this is relevant but if you have a mac it can cause ghosts of your content.
I did have a MacBook but I've gone through and killed all the ghosts in Linux using the terminal. Not sure why it would be causing issues between various shows when those shows are all in their own directories though.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F (typie typie)
Shot in the dark....but would you happen to have NFO files in place for the effected shows?

The reason I ask, I've had this exact same problem half a dozen times or so in recent months and couldn't work out what the hell was causing the issue. Most recently I bought a Blu-Ray box set of The X-Files to replace my aging DVD copies. Using the same file names as the original ones, I thought it would be just a simple case of copy/paste and use the existing NFO files I already had in place.......Ha, this was obviously a problem! Multiple entries appeared for different shows, but all listed under the X-Files.

What I finally did to resolve this was to remove The X-Files from my library, then delete everything that had originally been scrapped.....NFO files for the show and each episode and all the artwork/extra artwork, with just the video files left.

I then re-scanned for new content and Eureka......The X-Files found, all scrapped correctly and problem gone! Smile

But I notice you are using a 4TB external hard drive, as I'm also using a 4TB WD external drive, so maybe that has some bearing on the issue.
But at least in my latest instance I managed to find a reasonably quick solution to the problem.....without having to remove and rescan my entire library which is what I've done previously...
Bornagain's log file confirms he is using nfo files.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes, I'm using nfo files.

I originally just scraped and then exported the library to individual folders, but recently I have been experimenting with Tiny Media Manager. I've encountered this issue from before using TMM so I don't think it is to blame. I recently went and used TMM to rescrape the Adult Swim Infomercials and that seems to have ended the issue again for now. Don't know why but since I have everything working again I guess that's good enough?

Was hoping that by catching it in the act and posting a log the behavior could be isolated and prevented altogether but since no one seems to see anything that standsout as causing the problem I guess I should just be happy I have a sort of solution.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Now with Log!] Adding TV shows causes combined items0