Minimal wireless remote control with 2 IR learning buttons
Hi all

I was looking for the most practical remote control for ages, I tried Amazon fire tv Bluetooth remote and Xiaomi mi box and Minix a2 lite remotes all worked very well but I wanted some thing simple, small with programmable IR function.

During my search I came cross this remote August PCR450 - Radio Frequency Control with Air Mouse for Android Set Top Boxes and Multimedia PCs

Specifications :
Air Mouse
Universally Compatible - Connect to PCs or Tablets for complete control from your armchair
Plug and Play - Simple to set up, just plug in the dongle and your remote is ready
Radio Frequency Remote - Excellent 10m range that works even without line of sight
Programmable Power Buttons - Two programmable buttons can be mapped to any button on any IR remote

So I ordered one from amazon UK and it is also available on eBay and aliexpress, The price is £12.45 in the UK with free delivery from eBay

It is very nice in the hand, premium quality buttons and the rubber is very nice, however it needs 51-these-are-not-joysticks-rm.rules to work in libreelec but after that every thing is perfect

The link to the PDF manual Manual

I am satisfied with the quality and performance and will update you with the battery life Big Grin and hope that will help someone in the forum

Thanks
No play button? No stop button? No pause button? No info button? No subtitle or audio track button?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you for replying
I think it is a personal preference to have these buttons, for me I prefer simplicity over size and not everyone prefer heavy remotes with million buttons, I have non tech family members and after all it depends on the person to choose.
Take Nvidia Shield and xiaomi mi box as an example for minimal functioning design, also you have the possibility to remap as needed.
Speaking of the Shield, anyone tested this remote on the Shield?
Nice but lacks of no learning on volume +-.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minimal wireless remote control with 2 IR learning buttons0