Kodi 17 crashes while loading skins
I'm looking for skins, besides the default Estuary, which enable Directors list in Movies.
Not an easy task; could not find the information on forums, so started experimenting.
Tried at first skins that appear in the Get more... menu and until now found only one that supports Directors: Bello 6.
However, what's worrying me is that many of them just crash Kodi while Installing add-on dependencies:

Amber - Crash
BOX - Crash
Chroma - Crash
Metropolis - Crash
Xperience1080 - Crash

The following ones did not crash (but have no Directors option):
addonic / Arctic: Zephyr / Mimic / Pellucid / Unity

I imagine that skins that appear in the menu are "certified" ones that should not crash Kodi.
What may be wrong?
I just installed every Kodi 17 skin from the Kodi repo as fast as possible and they all installed and would launch. I imagine your problem was in downloading/installing a dependency, but it's just about impossible without having debug logging enabled when this happens and uploading your log.

In general I think you would open "movies" view then focus on "directors" and open the context menu to add as a favourite. Skins often have a way to add a favourite as a widget or menu item on the home window. I took a look at "amber" and see I have a home window widget now:

so in the Amber skin settings I could add this favourite as a new home menu:

Giving this:

I'm sure most skins offer something like this. The same basic process works in Arctic: Zephyr.

scott s.
Thanks for the clue.

About the repeated crashing:
Enabled logging then tried to install Amber again... but it installed this time.
A transient problem, perhaps?
(2017-08-10, 01:58)pstrg Wrote: Strange.
Enabled logging then tried to install Amber again... but it installed this time.
A transient problem, perhaps?

On a more than one occasion I have had certain dependencies fail on a skin install. Trying the skin install again, the failed dependencies usually install fine. Not sure why it happens, but not losing sleep over it.
Transparency! has been bullet proof for many years for me and it has a sub menu slide out with directors etc, custom buttons on the home page would allow directors on the face.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 crashes while loading skins0