Release Kaster - A chromecast-like screensaver for Kodi
Thanks for this nice screensaver!

I was monitoring the Kodi log for something else but I noticed the following entry:

12:34:41.948 T:2401489664 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(441, /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/screensaver.kaster/entrypoint.py): the python script "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/screensaver.kaster/entrypoint.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N14PythonBindings42XBMCAddon_xbmcgui_WindowXMLDialog_DirectorE,N14PythonBindings31XBMCAddon_xbmc_Monitor_DirectorE

When searching the log I noticed several identical entries on irregular intervals like 15 minutes and up to 6 hours.

I guess this might lead to memory issues in the long run?

Here's a copy of my settings if you want to take a further look:

<setting id="animation" value="0" />
    <setting id="hide-clock-info" value="true" />
    <setting id="hide-kodi-logo" value="true" />
    <setting id="hide-overlay" value="true" />
    <setting id="hide-pic-info" value="true" />
    <setting id="hide-weather-info" value="true" />
    <setting id="my-pictures-folder" value="" />
    <setting id="screensaver-mode" value="0" />
    <setting id="show-blackbackground" value="false" />
    <setting id="wait-time-before-changing-image" value="20" />

thanks!
v1.2.2
[fix] fix spanish translation (tks roliversc)
[fix] del instances left in memory

Thanks @Peekstra for the report
@enen92

FYI, your two images in the opening post are not / no longer working. Perhaps using imgur.com is an easier option. Use the 'i' button in the editor for auto-uploading your images.
Thanks @Klojum, updated the first post. Thanks for the imgur tip I was not aware of it  Angel
@enen92

You're welcome. And also, I have the Dutch translation for the Kaster screensaver for you.
Sorry to say, I'm (still) not a Github hero, but you can pick up the .po file here via a Kodi paste.
(2018-11-11, 08:13)Klojum Wrote: @enen92

You're welcome. And also, I have the Dutch translation for the Kaster screensaver for you.
Sorry to say, I'm (still) not a Github hero, but you can pick up the .po file here via a Kodi paste.
 Thanks, I'll add. Can you also provide strings for the addon.xml stuff (summary and description)? I assume this is nl_NL right?
I also need to check how to automatically add transifex translations to my addons. I remember there was a presentation about it in one of the devcons
Hi, I like more Weblate.
(2018-11-11, 13:00)enen92 Wrote: Can you also provide strings for the addon.xml stuff (summary and description)? I assume this is nl_NL right?
Yep, it is.

Here are the additions for the addon.xml file:
xml:
<summary lang="nl_NL">Een Chromecast-achtige screensaver voor Kodi</summary>
<description lang="nl_NL">Toon prachtige afbeeldingen afkomstig van de Chromecast screensaver. Je kunt ook je eigen foto's tonen met al hun informatie.</description>

And yes, using Transifex would be more consistent with other addons. Although the number of text strings for Kaster is minimal, it's perhaps a good exercise/practice for you when doing larger projects. Tongue
v1.2.3 (11/11/2018)
[new] add dutch translation (tks klojum)
I have just one more "complaint" Big Grin
When running Kodi on a 21:9 monitor, the Kodi logo is a bit 'stretched'. It's minimal, but hey... I'm testing. Rofl

I just thought I'd let you know of this cosmetic difference, it's no biggie really. I'll probably disable the Kodi logo during the screensaver anyway.
@enen92
One more thing... I don't see any difference between "Fade" and "Pan & Zoom". Oo
I think that only Fade works. Tested on a Nvidia GT1030 machine as well as an ancient Core2Duo G965 Intel graphics machine.
Thumbs Up 
(2018-11-10, 19:58)enen92 Wrote: v1.2.2[fix] fix spanish translation (tks roliversc)
[fix] del instances left in memory

Thanks @Peekstra for the report
 And thank you for the very quick fix!
Those nice Google pictures would also be an excellent source for the background picture in the Xonfluence skin. However, when I looked into the addondata folders I found no picture files. Perhaps they're stored somewhere else?

It would be even better if the pictures would be deleted after a couple of days so that the skin can cycle through them. However, I realize that this would take some coding effort and thus valuable time...
Hello, I think this screensaver is very good, what I'm missing is auto rotation of the pictures and what I've been looking for a long time is the support for animated gifs. Would it be possible to install such things? Thanks

Edit:

I add gif Support and Animation is Working.

Gif Support
One other request: move the info section in the right button around, just a little bit, enough to avoid screen burn-in temptations. Looking at the current location, there should be enough room to move that info section around. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kaster - A chromecast-like screensaver for Kodi1