• 2(current)
v19 Video ScreenSaver
Hello,

I recently installed Kodi on my Andoid TV and wanted to use the videoscreensaver, but unfortunatly I return an error in single video mode and in multiple video it wont start.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me debug. Here are my logs: https://paste.kodi.tv/iwedaqupar

In any case, thank you for the development of this awesome addon!
Hi @Lunatixz when you are going to update with a new version the translation for spanish language does not appear complete.
I´m new on kodi but currently it works fine.
My problem is the video screensaver.
A single video is working, doesnt´t matter if MP4 or mkv.
When I want to use multiple videos it doesn´t show me the files in the folder.
Also there´s a problem with repeating the videos.
When I´m choosing a single video it stops after finishing it and dim the display.
Any ideas ? Cause the settings are very ... ähm .. weak

With kind regards from Germany,
Thorsten
Is it possible that this screensaver could play video and pictures randomly?
I am also having this problem.

The video (which is on an smb file share) only plays once. I’d like for it to loop endlessly.

This problem is in “multiple videos” mode, but the single file mode doesn’t appear to support SMB playback, which seems odd, and is required for my usage. Am I missing it?

I have been using another video screensaver add-on for a few years, but it’s no longer dependable.

Thanks for any help.

Todd
Hi everyone! And thank you for creating this addon, it's awesome! Wink
I am having a problem which it seems I shouldn't be having according to some comments etc.

I have a specific folder with several videos I'd like the screensaver to play, but it will not play them for some reason. The videos were WMV files so I converted them to MKV thinking that may be the problem, but no change. Not sure what to do about it?
The files are short and looped files for dreamscene. I thought maybe it was the length of the videos so tried combining them in to one, but that didn't work either.

I know the setting works, because I've tried another folder with videos and then play just fine.

Please help Wink
Question on the options page the Video ScreenSaver,

The last slider option at the bottom (after Mute ScreenSaver) does not have and text associated to it, is this "disable repeat"?  For it to repeat, which position should it be to "repeat the video playing" left or right?

It seems to be playing my video or videos and then the screen goes dim.  I wanted to screen to keep playing videos over and over again without any human input.  It seems that after it goes dim, I need to  wake kodi  (by keyboard or app, un dim the screen) before the video screen saver starts again.

thanks
Hello, i have kodi on my computer and when i play music i can get many screen savers that change to music being played. I bought a shield tv and installed the kodi app. when i  play a music file and want to have the art playing in background when i play the music
Hi, can someone confirm this add-on works with v18? Just installed it and it will not work in either single video or multiple video mode.

thx
Works fine... If you are having a specific issue please post a log with details of problem.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
@Lunatixz  thank you for responding. In this debug log I'm trying to use a single video file stored on my hard drive, using the preview option in the addon settings. I have multiple video files in this folder, but multiple video mode does not work either.

https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/PtSRZNvxqR/

If it's working on v18 for you, can you discern what is wrong on my end?

thx
(2019-03-03, 04:36)leejk Wrote: @Lunatixz  thank you for responding. In this debug log I'm trying to use a single video file stored on my hard drive, using the preview option in the addon settings. I have multiple video files in this folder, but multiple video mode does not work either.

https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/PtSRZNvxqR/

If it's working on v18 for you, can you discern what is wrong on my end?

thx

Can't view log, pls post @ https://paste.kodi.tv/
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
The log is too big for the paste.kodi.tv site, so I deleted out some stuff. Hopefully the relevant parts are still intact: https://paste.kodi.tv/animigeniw.kodi

The other link works for me tho... what sort of error do you get?
Hi,

Were you able to see the log and figure out what's wrong?

thx
@leejk 

Well you are not alone. I downloaded some of the Aerial vids from Apple since the Screensaver Plugin doesnt have the new ones. I get the same Python errors like you do when the Video Screensaver should start. I also tested it with other video formats besides the .mov files, still the same. For notice I used a complete fresh stable Kodi installation (kodi-18.1-Leia-x64).
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video ScreenSaver3