X on 360 controller always crashes Kodi
This bug started with version 17.

When in the music screen, if i press "x" on the controller, a window appears that looks incomplete. If i use the mouse to press anything in that window, the program crashes.
Issue still present in all versions of Kodi i tried:

Version 17.4 stable
Version 17 nightly (latest)
Version 18 nightly (latest)

Can someone please confirm this? It's a pretty old issue that's easy to reproduce.
Can you post a screenshot of this incomplete window.

Also a debug log capturing the crash. Instructions in my signature. Use the Basic method
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Here's the picture of the window

https://s26.postimg.org/pdaph725l/Untitled.png

Allow me some time to learn how to make a log. Will post it when i do.

Edit: Ok here's the log (i hope i did it right)

https://pastebin.com/9LWHNtgP
see if you can update the estuary skin, seems you've got a version of the skin prior to a change to dialog addons in the Leia builds. Don't think it was a problem for 17 but never used estuary. But like I said for Leia see if you can update estuary and then it should be ok.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2017-09-11, 12:56)Mike_Doc Wrote: see if you can update the estuary skin, seems you've got a version of the skin prior to a change to dialog addons in the Leia builds. Don't think it was a problem for 17 but never used estuary. But like I said for Leia see if you can update estuary and then it should be ok.
Hmmm, i don't know how can i update the "estuary" skin. It doesn't appear in the skin addons as an option to download or update. I did download the "confluence" skin though since it's the one i really want to use. But the window is still there and in this case it looks even more broken:

Keep in mind that i tested all versions (nightlies and version 18 as well) and everything is a fresh install in a separate system. I still use version 16 in my main because i don't have these bugs. So i didn't update over my old version. I use fresh installs.
Just a heads up. I tried more skins from the addons. Seems like each skin has it's own version of the broken window.

Also, what about other users, you can't reproduce this issue?
(2017-08-12, 00:16)Imgema Wrote: This bug started with version 17.

When in the music screen, if i press "x" on the controller, a window appears that looks incomplete. If i use the mouse to press anything in that window, the program crashes.
(2017-09-11, 13:42)Imgema Wrote: Just a heads up. I tried more skins from the addons. Seems like each skin has it's own version of the broken window.

Also, what about other users, you can't reproduce this issue?
Sorry no, and I (as the music library guy) have no idea what the problem is.

Wild guess would be related to the controller and key mapping. Perhaps this thread would be better moved to a forum where people have more experience with controllers etc. I would change the thread title too, "buggy window" is not helpful, "controller" much more relevent

Do you have a keyboard connected to the
I'm just using a 360 controller. And it seems like the same controller gives me problems in the picture viewer (i can't pan a zoomed picture up or left, only right or down, i made a topic for this also). I also have a keyboard too, i'm using this on PC.

All these problems seem to relate to this controller then. Which is odd to me since it's the most common controller you can use along with the PS3/4 controllers. Also, this problem doesn't exist in version 16 (which i still use as my main) and the 360 controller works fine. When i press "X" (while in the music window with the visualization effects) the player buttons appear or disappear. Seems something went wrong later on with the 360 controller + Kodi. I'm trying to do some reaserch in order to fix those myself, editing xmls, etc but with no success so far.

Edit: If a mod can move this to the relevant section, please do so. I posted it here because it appears in the music section of the program.
OK, I have moved and renamed this thread hoping it may get better help here.
Thanks.

Just a correction though. "X" doesn't crash kodi. It makes a broken window appear when i play music and i'm in the visualisation screen. And if i press anywhere on that window using the mouse, then it crashes kodi. That's with a 360 controller and a fresh setup.
Can confirm this happens in the 9-9 retroplayer build as well using an Xbone controller. You have to start playing music, and then you have to go to the visualization screen. And then you hit X on the controller. It does not appear to happen if you hit C on the keyboard. A look at the joystick.xml suggests it's calling "<x>ActivateWindow(AddonSettings)</x>"
Comparing the joystick and keyboard xmls, it looks like that call doesn't exist anywhere else. Might be a leftover from history that should just be removed?
Moved this to the retroplayer subforum for visibility.
Thanks. Removing this line at least stops the window from appearing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
X on 360 controller always crashes Kodi0