Sound coming from rear speakers instead of front
Hi there,

I've had this problem for about 2 weeks now. Whenever I play a file through my RPI3 the sound is coming from the rear speakers instead of the front. That is, until I disable passthrough (my amp supports DTS and DD5.1) and re-enable it. Then it works again.
It's annoying to have to do this everytime, as you can imagine I hope.

Anyone has an idea how to fix this? I haven't made any changes to Kodi in months.
Can you confirm you are playing a file with either AC3 (aka DD5.1) or DTS audio and have AC3 and DTS passthrough enabled in settings?
And in this configuration you have audio coming out of wrong speakers?

Can you also explain how audio is connected (e.g. HDMI from Pi to receiver, then HDMI from receiver to TV). Make and model of receiver would be useful.
(2017-08-13, 13:11)popcornmix Wrote: Can you confirm you are playing a file with either AC3 (aka DD5.1) or DTS audio and have AC3 and DTS passthrough enabled in settings?
And in this configuration you have audio coming out of wrong speakers?

Can you also explain how audio is connected (e.g. HDMI from Pi to receiver, then HDMI from receiver to TV). Make and model of receiver would be useful.

Hi, yes, that is correct. I'm playing a file with DD5.1 sound and have both AC3 and DTS passthrough enabled in the settings. This only happens with TV series so far, and only with 5.1 sound. Stereo sound gives no problems whatsoever. Movies work fine as well.
The sound that's supposed to be coming from the front left and right speaker are now coming from the rear left and right. Disabling and re-enabling passthrough in the settings (during playback) fixes the problem.

My PI is connected to my Sony HTP-BD35SF receiver through HDMI, which is then connected to my 55" Samsung LED TV (I don't have the exact type right now, but it's about 7-8 years old).
With passthough the compressed audio stream is send through untouched.
It would be impossible for the Pi to cause the front and back speakers to flip over without decoding the audio, flipping the channels and then encoding it again.
Assuming you don't have "Transcode to AC3" enabled then this will not be happening.

I suspect the channel flipping is happening in the receiver.
When the channels are flipped does it fix itself if you power off the receiver and then power it back on? How about unplugging and replugging the HDMI cable?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound coming from rear speakers instead of front0