ArtistSlideshow scaling image size
Hi
Absolute Kodi newbie here

I am trying to get ArtistSlideshow to display my personal pictures while playing music

I can get the slides showing but they are not "shrunk" to the correct aspect for the display.

Advice on the ArtistSlideshow forum is that I need to edit the MusicVisualization.xml width, height, aspect parameters

<control type="multiimage">
<left>0</left>
<top>0</top>
<width>100%</width>
<height>100%</height>
<imagepath colordiffuse="88FFFFFF" background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow)]</imagepath>
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
<timeperimage>10000</timeperimage>
<fadetime>2000</fadetime>
<randomize>true</randomize>
<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="400">WindowOpen</animation>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300">WindowClose</animation>
<visible>System.HasAddon(script.artistslideshow) + String.IsEqual(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.ArtworkReady),true​)</visible>
</control>

I have found the Music Visualisation.xml file but need help in what specific parameters I need to change as there is no <control type="multiimage">
section I can see

Many thanks
Sprogger
Artist slideshow is already supported.

You need to enable it in skin settings (art management) and toggle it in the fullscreen music player screen (the small man icon).

Tgx
Tgx
Many thanks .. I have Artist Slideshow working ..

The issue is that when I display my personal slides (using the Override option in Artist Slideshow)

The slides are not scaled to screen size (this means you see only part of the image as it does not fir to screen)

The author of Artist Slideshow has told me I need to modify the aspect ratio, width and height as in the above xml script ..

Unfortunately this does not exist in the MusicVisualisation.xml that comes with your skin hence the question on what I need ti change

Cheers
Sprogger
The multiimage control you are looking for is here:

https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.c...es.xml#L41

Tgx
Tgx
Legend ...

For those who want to do the same ...
<aspectratio aligny="top">keep</aspectratio>

Means original image size is kept ...

I also have to turn the Background Transparency down to 0 so it does not affect the slide image

Is there a way to also make the "now playing" bar at the bottom "fade" when in fullscreen mode?

Cheers
Sprogger
Yeah, the option in skin settings "Disable overlay in fullscreen music player" is not working. Now it's ok in the latest version on Github.

To remove the now playing bar you need to go to:

https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.c...ar.xml#L23

and remove line 23.

Thanks

Tgx
Tgx
Got it ,, changed and works great ..

More questions (wearing out your patience here) ...

In the pop up box that displays in the middle of the screen. (temporarly) the middle shows album title, duration, song title etc... the right hand side shows the album art .

The left hand panel shows "No Information Available" what is supposed to show here?

Cheers
Sprogger
The artist bio or the album review.

Tgx
Tgx
Again many thanks

Will have to figure out how to make that work (ArtistSlideshow settings)

Cheers
Sprogger
Hey Tgx
For my birthday I was given an NVIDIA Shield .. I am now trying to get this working on that box.

Unfortunately even though I have enabled the option in the Chroma skin it does not show slideshows.

It would appear that Artist Slideshow is not actually running even though I choose RUN from the menu.

Is there a special trick to getting this working on NVIDIA (Android) boxes?

Cheers
Sprogger
Hey Tgx
False alarm .. managed to get it running (I think it was due to not have Script.Helper installed)

Second question ... in the previous mods I have changed the behaviour of the skin in Windoze..

Is there a recommended method for editing the files in the Android world?

Cheers
Sprogger
Use a text editing app on Android or upload the modified file through USB and an Android file manager
Many thanks Tgx..

Managed to figure out how to share the Android over the net .. means I can see the skin files from Windows and can copy modified files that way .

Reboot and voila.

Now trying to figure out how to make the screenshow start automatically when I hit play on a track .. (at the moment I have to manually navigate to the Player view to see the slides)

Cheers
Sprogger
Skin settings -> Playback -> go fullscreen on music playback

Tgx
Tgx
Woops .. fixed (forgot about that setting as the Nvidia is "fullscreen" when it runs anyway)

Cheers
Sprogger

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ArtistSlideshow scaling image size0