Grey bars with movies
I see bright grey bars instead of black bars. Happens with some movies but not others. Happens on the side bars in the case of 4:3 movies, and top and bottom bars in the case of widescreen movies. Changing the brightness range to/from 16-235 makes no difference. It has nothing to do with the black level settings on my displays, because the problem doesn't show on MPC-H64 or VLC. Why are they ok and Kodi isn't? I am not streaming and I have no addons. These are movies on my hard drive. My log:

https://www.pastefs.com/pid/21226
DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in script.exodus.metadata has been installed.'
I don't understand why it shows, because I uninstalled it months ago, well before I ran the debug log. How do I get rid of it completely so that the kodi install is absolutely clean?
That's the problem with these piracy add-ons. They can install and intertwine themselves so deeply that sometimes your only option is a clean install.

I would suggest using the Backup add-on to back up your profile and other settings and do exactly that. You may find the issue goes away. If it doesn't then at least you'll have a clean system that is eligible for support here.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Go in either with Kodi's file manager or if possible an external one (with kodi shut down) and review the content of your add-ons folder (and addon_data in the userdata (wiki) folder).

Remove anything that shouldn't be there, but as with all such things make a backup first.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks guys. I wound up completely deleting the Kodi folders, uninstalling, then rebuilding the library from scratch. Maddeningly enough, I still had the problem, but I think I found a solution: I set Kodi not to use the 16-235 range, and this time it worked. Bars are black.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grey bars with movies0