hide/remove if proper version is available
Hey,

I'm looking for an easy solution to the following problem in my library:
I add files to my library, and if a repack/proper version is available just add them to the same season.

Obviously these are both found by the scraper and added to the library. But: now I want to remove the non-"proper" version from my library, so that only the proper is shown in the library.

Now I just have 2 times the same episode in my listing and have to manually check the file info to play the "proper/repacked" one.

Anyone an idea?
Delete the file you don't want and clean the library.
Sounds like a piracy problem.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
no, i use kodi to maintain my video exports, and have several (10,20,100) different versions before the final. I call the final version just "Projectname-whateverdatestring-final.mkv/mov

but i asked because i do know with piracy there are just more people running into the same problem, just wanted to get a bigger response-base.

Cleaning the files are obviously not an option.
I don't really understand, are you keeping all these different versions on your HDD yet you only want the latest version to appear in Kodi? And you don't want to delete all these 'old' versions from your HDD? Doesn't really seem to make much sense to me, I must be missing something Smile
Regardless of the goal (doesnt make much sense to me personally), why not exclude your 'working' directory as a source. Just seperate a 'final' directory and add it as a source in kodi
If you want to keep dozens of earlier files, but not have KODI index them then stick them in a sub-folder and add a file named .nomedia. to the folder. Now KODI will ignore these other copies as it will not scan the folder.

See Wiki: http://kodi.wiki/view/Set_content_and_sc....2Ffolders
And create a symlink in your media directory to the latest version.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-08-14, 20:55)BatterPudding Wrote: If you want to keep dozens of earlier files, but not have KODI index them then stick them in a sub-folder and add a file named .nomedia. to the folder. Now KODI will ignore these other copies as it will not scan the folder.

See Wiki: http://kodi.wiki/view/Set_content_and_sc....2Ffolders

best idea so far, thanks!

I work with video projects for clients, and make many different versions of one project, and have kodi running on several different tv's/screens to go over to presenting the stuff.

One client even has a remote vpn and pulls the content from his project remotely! To keep my workflow I have all of the versions in one folder, so that the clients can get the latest version at any time. Also by using the same hardware end software to play I know everything plays without buffering issues etc ;-).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hide/remove if proper version is available0