Android Mecool KIII Pro - USA FTA/OTA Antenna
I received my KIII Pro this weekend and seems like a cool little box. I've been able to get KODI up and running without a problem. I decided to go with this box because of the TV tuner as I want to be able to connect to my local OTA channels. Is there anyone else in the community that has gotten this box to work with a TV antenna in the USA? When I look at the location settings for the antenna, the default is Europe and there are many options but no USA. I imagine this setting limits the frequency during the search but that is only a guess. I've considered finding support from Mecool but it has alluded me so far. I tried to find firmware updates but again, nothing useful so far. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but any help is appreciated. I have not connected the box to any satellite for FTA/OTA channels, just a digital over the air antenna. When I scan, even under other country settings it finds nothing. I live just north of Houston, TX and I should be picking up 60+ stations.
So, I did some more digging and learned a little more about the questions I didn't ask. It looks like this box does not support ATSC signals. I'm not sure a firmware update can fix that. Now to find an ATSC supportive KODI box. Expensive lesson I guess. Anyone want to buy a Mecool KIII Pro, used only a couple hours? (just kidding, I'll keep playing with it)
Yep - looks like it has a multistandard tuner - but multiple European standards. DVB-T/T2 and DVB-S/S2 (can't see DVB-C but wouldn't be surprised) This makes it a very good fit for Europe, Aus, NZ but not for the US.

There are some multistandard DVB-T/ISDB-T/ATSC chipsets around, as well as dedicated ATSC tuners. Think Wetek had ATSC options at one point.
(2017-08-14, 16:29)rmforr2 Wrote: So, I did some more digging and learned a little more about the questions I didn't ask. It looks like this box does not support ATSC signals. I'm not sure a firmware update can fix that. Now to find an ATSC supportive KODI box. Expensive lesson I guess. Anyone want to buy a Mecool KIII Pro, used only a couple hours? (just kidding, I'll keep playing with it)
 Thanks for the info. Just got my box today, surprised by Android 7 on board but also could not get antenna to work.
KODI 18 on a fire tv cube. Aura(18) skin. Trakt supporter.
Here's a firmware update:

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/latest-...gat-7-1-1/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mecool KIII Pro - USA FTA/OTA Antenna0