How to change skin with no mouse access
Greetings from a new KODI user and a new Forum member.

A long time movie collector starting with VHS I am just now diving into the world of digital home library and KODI. First off I would like to thank all the people that have made KODI possible. I am just scratching the surface but I already love KODI and appreciate the art and effort that has gone into making it the excellent platform that it is.

I have spent the last month or so organizing files for a first cut at a KODI library and now, with 1024 movies and a truckload of 'extras', I have turned from the initial creation of my library to a bit of customization and organization. I have been working through choosing alternate art and organizing into sets and all has been intuitive and smooth. Today I came across the concept of changing skins and that has led me to a bit of a bind and this forum. I found that Pellucid had some positive press so I gave it a shot only to find that I could not navigate away from the very good looking splash page. Eventually I found a bit of information that reminded me of the danger of assumptions .. specifically that some (many?) skins are made to work with a remote and will not function with a mouse in the same way as the default skin or may not work at all.

So my questions are: Am I correct that Pellucid will not work with a mouse and is there any way to revert KODI to the default skin when I cannot access the library settings via a mouse ? When trying out skins is there a way to know which works with a mouse?
Hi Archer, welcome to Kodi!

Unfortunately Pellucid was not designed for mouse support. I can't speak for all other skins, but a lot don't handle mice well, so be careful.

A keyboard will get you out of your current fix. In Pellucid, just hit enter (or left arrow) on the home screen to bring up the menu. Arrow keys and enter to navigate.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Hi thedeadman, Thanks very much for your prompt response and for helping me out. So far, for the most part, I have been dealing with KODI in terms of set-up ... files, naming, art, sets, etc using a mouse and keyboard. For my viewing so far I have been using a mouse no problem (with the default skin), but my limited look around this alternative skin tells me I need to look into the 'remote control' approach. Thanks again.
No worries Archer.

You'll definitely want a remote that has a button for 'i' (information) and 'c' (context). They're both essential to access core functions of Kodi.

If useful, these remotes are just the job and don't require any setup: https://osmc.tv/store/product/osmc-remote-control/
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to change skin with no mouse access0