screen issue when viewing
Dear All,
can anybody assist ? when i am trying to view a 1080p moview in my kodi MX8s+ the screen on my TV becaming immediately black.

my TV is a Philips 5000 series fullHD.

version installed is 17.3 Krytpon
thanks Nik
You will need to provide a debug log. The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, try to play the movie. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Dear Karellen thanks for your reply, could you please be more specific? is not fully clear what i have to do.
Click Here and follow the instructions on that page.
The debug log records all the operations Kodi performs while starting and running. When it crashes, it will record right up to the crash. With that log, members here can advise you on the problem. Providing the debug log is the first step to solve the problem.

I thought my instructions were specific. I don't know how I can make them more specific, except by putting them in point form?

1. You will need to provide a debug log
2. The instructions are in my signature at the bottom of this post
3. Use the Basic method
4. enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
5. restart Kodi
6. replicate the problem

Any better?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-08-16, 16:25)nikperic Wrote: Dear All,
can anybody assist ? when i am trying to view a 1080p moview in my kodi MX8s+ the screen on my TV becaming immediately black.

my TV is a Philips 5000 series fullHD.

version installed is 17.3 Krytpon
thanks Nik

You need to toggle the PC to show image on the TV one off the Fn keys does that if
or if that still does not help do as the Demon asked and provide a Debug Log
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
screen issue when viewing0