Cast/Actor images are not populating on the movie information screen.
Kodi v17.3 on Arch Linux + Plasma KDE.

The cast/actor images are not populating on the movie information screen.
(However Extended Info Script does fully work. From its button and with arrow up on a highlighted actor.)

"Update library on startup" is switched on in "Media Settings >> Library >> Video library".
"Download actor thumbnails" is switched on in "Media Settings >> Videos".
I also cleaned the library twice in "Media Settings >> Library >> Video library".

Then I bumped into this forum thread : 2600920 (post)
And checked the 2 addons mentioned.

The addon metadata.themoviedb.org is reported as version 3.9.5 by the addon My Addons browser in Kodi.
But when I look into the file it is at version 3.9.2 :
/usr/share/kodi/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org/addon.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="metadata.themoviedb.org"
       name="The Movie Database"
       version="3.9.2"
       provider-name="Team Kodi">

CHOP! CHOP!

Than the other addon metadata.common.themoviedb.org.

In /usr/share/kodi/addons/metadata.common.themoviedb.org/addon.xml I see version 2.14.0 :

Code:
<addon id="metadata.common.themoviedb.org"
       name="The Movie Database Scraper Library"
       version="2.14.0"

CHOP! CHOP!

and in /home/LOGINNAME/.kodi/addons/metadata.common.themoviedb.org/addon.xml i see version 2.16.0 :

Code:
<addon id="metadata.common.themoviedb.org"
       name="The Movie Database Scraper Library"
       version="2.16.0"

CHOP! CHOP!

So I replaced the folder containing version 2.14.0 with the folder containing v2.16.0 and fired up Kodi.
But alas, no change. And again no library update.

What else can I do/try ?
To take advantage of any updates to the scraper, existing items must be refreshed/rescraped after the scraper has been updated. Updating the library only adds new items, rather than refreshing every single item every time, which would take ages and be unkind to web services.
The only way I know of to do a full rescrape is by editing (all) the video sources in Media Settings this way :
c-key on a video source >> Edit Source >> OK-button >> Choose Information Provider >> select another provider >> OK-button >> No-button (to question refresh information for all items). Then repeat for the same video source to change back to the original provider but this time at the end click the Yes-button instead to confirm the refresh for all items.

Let's forget it man. I'm trying to get this to work for the past 2 weeks (on and off of course). It's not worth my while anymore. I'll put up with the mystery guest placeholder image. (For my Blu-Ray discs it's even worse. Probably because they are in a blu-ray drive.)
That is one way.

I suggest starting off small first.

1. Pick one of your movies not showing the Actors.
2. Call up the Movie Information page
3. Select Refresh
4. If it asks you to "Ignore.... " select Yes

Did the actor images load?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cast/Actor images are not populating on the movie information screen.0