Solved Large MKV files PLAY problem with Sony KD-65XD899
Bug 
Hi all,
I have an incomprehensible problem I think need the help of the community to solve...

I have installed Kodi 17 on my SONY TV and it has been working like a charm for some time reading flawlessly everything I was throwing at it.
Kodi updated itself automatically on a regular basis and I am now on the version 17.3.

I have just noticed a problem with MKV file reading over a certain size (above 3Gb approx). I would like to highlight that as I use it mostly to watch TV episodes with a size around 2GB, this issue might have been around for some time without me noticing it.

- When I press Play, the blue circle star and I can see slow buffering progress.
- When it reaches 100%, the movie start playing (seconds are moving on the timeline) but the screen remain black.
- If I fast forward, I get the first frame of where I land in the movie like a still picture and that is it (seconds keep moving on the timeline). Confused

Has anybody experienced the same symptoms and found a solution?

I am thinking of buffering or video hardware acceleration problem but as I have never touch these settings before I am unsure of what to do...

It is worth mentioning that on my other SONY TV (KDL-43W807C) connected to the same network and running the same KODI version, I do not experience this problem at all...

Many thanks in advance for your responses Big Grin
BooTooo
Debug log (wiki)

And where is your media stored?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Good point...

It is downloaded on a gigabit network from a Synology DS1515+ or a Windows 10 PC with the latest creator update installed

The debug log is uploaded on http://paste.ubuntu.com/25327778

Thank a lot for the super fast response by the way...
BooTooo
Wrong audio configuration. Disable Passthrough completely - your TV does not support DTS via android standard API - only the hacked internal mediaplayer by your non standard caring vendor does output that.

Disable passthrough, set speakers to 2.0 channels and try again.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
It worked!
Thank you so much for your help and so disappointed to discover that the SONY TV Firmware are semi broken...
Best

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Large MKV files PLAY problem with Sony KD-65XD8990