No channel icons?
I am going crazy trying to figure out why no channel icons. I am using mythtv 0.28 with kodi on ubuntu
(2017-08-17, 00:17)dusema Wrote: I am going crazy trying to figure out why no channel icons. I am using mythtv 0.28 with kodi on ubuntu

I never got Mythtv to populate these automatically. If you go to .kodi/user data/addon data/pvr.mythtv/channels (if that's not the exact path it's close to that) you can manually add icons and rename them to match the placeholder. Just make sure to backup the folder because you only want to do that once and it will get destroyed if you tell kodi to reset it's guide data
I tried for years to get this to work and was unsuccessful. I finally moved away from Myth and started using the HDHomeRun addon and it works great. If you search my username you might find some threads with my unsuccessful attempts. All I can say is, Good Luck
You have to setup channel icons with "myth-setup" from your backend. And you will see with the addon the same icons as you can see using mythfront or mythweb.
I've had a lot of luck using tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite with Schedules Direct to preload a list of icons instead of trying to use myth-setup which doesn't do a great job of matching them.

There are instructions on the MythTV wiki on how to set it up: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV#Setup_...son_sqlite

Make sure to set things up using the mythtv user so the icons get saved in the right spot (they need to go in the mythtv user's home directory, not your local user account's).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No channel icons?0