v17 OSMC - Raspberry Pi 3 - CEC Issue
I have a Raspberry Pi (RPI)3 with installed OSMC that I use for Internet TV streaming. It works quite well with my TV (Panasonic) and I can control RPI by my TV remote via CEC protocol - very convenient. However, after some inactivity I lose this functionality and Raspberry Pi 3 doesn't respond to TV remote presses. To reactivate this functionality I have to either reboot RPI or I use Yatse remote application on my Android phone to reactivate CEC connectivity by pressing "CEC Activate" option in the app. However, I would like to have CEC connectivity always ON without the need to reactivate. Please, advise what I need to do to achieve this.
I have a Raspberry Pi 3, Panasonic TV and running OpenELEC ... my TV Remote never disconnects from CEC

Here's my Settings > System > Input Devices > Peripherals > CEC Adaptor

Thank you for sharing your settings with me. I have applied them to my Raspberry Pi 3 (RPI); however, it has not solved the problem. Here is the scenario when the TV remote stops controlling the RPI; using the RPI (connected to HDMI1) to watch something the remote control works fine then I decide to cast something via Chromecast that is connected to HDMI2. When I go back to the RPI - TV remote doesn't work with the RPI and I have to follow the steps that I described in my original post to regain CEC connectivity.
seems odd Undecided

I can switch between HDMI inputs on my Panasonic TV (HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3) with other devices on and without ever losing CEC to the RPi3

Maybe the TV's Viera Link Setting might be effecting something ?

Dunno ... but here's my Settings (Press Menu > Setup > Viera Link Settings)

I'm experiencing the same on my Odroid with LibreElec: after some time of inactivity there's suddenly no connection. When I switch to the satellite tuner of my TV and back to the Odroid, I only see HDMI1 instead of HDMI1-CEC as possible selctions. I even wrote an edid.dat and added : hdmi_edid_file=1 and hdmi_force_hotplug=1 to config.txt but to no avail. The TV is a Samsung, btw.
I can have my RPi3 running on HDMI1, My PS4 on HDMI2, and my PVR on HDMI3 ...... all powered on at the same time and can switch HDMI input on my Panasonic TV and have never had the TV Remote stop working on the RPi3.

This is my config.txt settings

hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_safe=1
hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080

hdmi_drive=2
hdmi_pixel_encoding=0
config_hdmi_boost=0
sdtv_mode=0
sdtv_aspect=1
hdmi_force_edid_audio=0
hdmi_ignore_hotplug=0
hdmi_edid_file=0
hdmi_ignore_cec=0
disable_splash=1
dtparam=audio=on
Some TV sets are very peculiar when it comes to CEC and connected devices that don't implement CEC, Panasonic is one of them and LG another...
CEC works OK on both as long as no other box without CEC is turned on. As soon as I turn on my SatBox (without CEC) I loose CEC on my Pi. Only turning off satbox and restating Pi brigs CEC back, no matter on which HDMI input devices are connected.
SeVreN2013 - Thank you very much for the settings in your config.txt file. I will apply them to mine and I hope it will help to resolve my issue.
Hi SeVreN2013. As mentioned in my previous message. I have used your settings on my RPi and it has become much more stable with the CEC connection. I don't lose the connectivity as often as I used to - I would say 90% improvement. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSMC - Raspberry Pi 3 - CEC Issue0