Linux Red Overlay on TV with Libreelec if i change to Render Method Basic Shader
No please don't wait. As if you don't... we can't fix it :-) cause it works for us.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
OK i will try it today. Did you need a normal kodi.log or a Debug LOG?

I would make a Video too that you can see my problem.
You can use advancedsettings.xml to enable debuglogging but keeping the overlay off screen. Yes we needed a Debug Log. If you can make the movie while PlayerDebug is on screen that would be nice (kodi-send -a PlayerDebug) will put it on screen.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Soooo let´s begin Smile

The Render Method is in Auto Mode and i think it use GLSL

FPS Change on Start/Stop and Sync Video is Activated too.

Here ist the first clip with the File Info

You can see the that the video stutters but if i show the "Video Process Information" the Video going smooth until close this. I have noticed that the fps on player debug is higher before i activate the Video Process Information.

Here is the second clip with File Info

Here i hope you can see there are litte stutters. It´s hard too see but they are there.

Here is a Picture and the File Info of the Third Clip but i found out that the clip has 10 bit and that wouldn´t be work on this NUC.

And here is the Debug.Log

The Problems still same if i deactivate Sync Video and FPS Change on Start/Stop

Ok i hope it will help you a little bit Smile
Can you set: Use HQ scalers when scaling above: 50%

Drops still occur?
Drops still occur on First Clip and the Second Clip Is not watchable the picture Is Distorted.
You forcefully disabled dithering, yes? Cause in your log I saw two things: 4x4 convolution used, that means a HQ scaler was used to downscale the 2560 video to 1920x1080. Second is the dithering.

Could you please post a Debug Log with:

Dithering disabled
Scaling manually set to Bilinear

that would be great
Ok i will Try it but how i Force scaling to bilinear?

edit: ok i know what do you mean i try it later.
Ok Dithering was disabled and i set to Bilinear and the first clip runs smooth now before that i had Lancos 3 Optimized.But if use the player settings the Videos stutters for a short while before it run smooth again but that´s not a big problem Wink

On the Second Clip the stutters are there nothing has changed.

Now i set Scaling to Automatic.

Here is the Debug.Log
Can you confirm that the second clip really works when you use ARB instead of GLSL?

For the first one: Yes, that's quite clear. So you compared apples with pies before. The problem is not the GLSL but the 4x4 convolution done by Lanczos3. The GPU is too slow to process content > 1920 with this HQ scaling method, which is - from the logs - the same problem with your 3840 file.

Please force scaling to bilinear for all such files. What I wonder is: I provided a patch for LibreELEC so that Lanczos3 Optimized is plain not used when input is too large or when target is too large.
The Second Clip has stutters too with basic shader. Otherwise with lancos 3 optimized and Basic shader the First Clip and other Videos runs fine here with no fps Drops . It seems that the basic shader handles this scaling Methode better.

edit:

It´s my fault. before i switch to basic shader i thought the scaling method Lancos 3 optimized setting stay same. it don´t you have only the choices bilinear and nearest neigbour and ist was set to automatic after i switch to basic shader and play the first clip.

it´s the scaling method not the shader Smile

Sorry for any inconvinience Sad
Yeah :-) - thanks for reporting back.

Our convolution 4x4 shader needs a redesign. This was done years ago where float intermediates were not yet available and we had no alternatives.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Red Overlay on TV with Libreelec if i change to Render Method Basic Shader0