Audio Passthrough don't work
New to RaspberryPi 3. I have used Kodi before with a Venz10 TV media-PC, but that device does not exists anymore. I can't remember the KODI version on that device.

I have the exact same setup as with the Venz10. I have tried to use OpenElec and LibreElec together with KODI, but I seem to be missing a setting regarding to AUDIO. It seems, as KODI don't know I have a Fully DTS HD Onkyo receiver to get the audio signal, so when the Onkyo gets the audiosignal in dts, dts HD-Master or Dolby Digital HD, it just plays it as "multichannel" (same sound in every speaker).

The setting I can't find is which audiocodes my audio-receiver can decode. As I remember it, it was something about "Compatible AVR", and then I could set a mark in DD, DD HD, dts (not sure about dts HD-Master), so maybe the KODI is not sending the dts-audio as "passthough", because KODI don't know my receiver can handle it?

Is there an advanced audio-setting, where such thing can be set?
Or is it the RaspberryPi 3 that can't do it?
I can get Dolby Digital 5.1 to work fine, so I'm confused Huh

Hope to get help with this. How do I set Passthrough to HDMI. How do I tell KODI, that I have a fully dts, DD compatible AVR? I do not know ANYTHING about Linux or what ever is lying below KODI.
TIA

Regards Burgurne
Raspberry pi will not pass through DTS-HD or Dolby HD. It will decode it to 8 channel PCM, which should sound just the same.

It will pass through DTS or AC3.

Have you set settings level to expert?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
dts is not pass through as for now, and DTS-HD and Dolby HD is changed to "multichannel" (same sound in every speaker). If I can get DD and dts (without the HD in both cases) it will be okay. Nod

No, I have not changed settings level to expert. How do I do that? Is it the same in Opel-Elec and in Libre-Elec? And which version? The one I used in Venz10Pro looked like LibreElec 7.0.3. I have also tried the newer one 8.0.2, but it has a complete different menu system, and in there I did not find the expert-settings either.

So please, version, version number and how to do it, and I will be a happy man again TIA Big Grin
In the settings menu (looks like a cog) from any settings screen, the setting at the very bottom of the left hand side.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
See: http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings#Settings_levels

Doohhhh, My mistake. I did not press that, as I suspected it to revert back to Standard-settings (or Default-settings) if clicked on this. Venz10Pro seems to only have "Expert" settings, and therefore I have never seen this before.
Yes, now I have the Expert settings, and it has helped some. Now my Onkyo is getting the signal as "Studio-Mix", but it sounds like it is playing in all speakers as it should, but with a flat sound. The EQ in the Onkyo is not in use at all, so the audio stream is not going _direct_ via passthrough. a movie with 2 audio-streams, DD and dts sounds exactly the same in both audio streams. When played via Venz10Pro KODI, the Onkyo did write Dolby Digital or dts in the display, so something is still not quite allright, but it has improved.

In Audio -> Passthrough, I have enabled all settings but "Encode to AC3" as the text says in the bottom I should leave disabled. Do I miss an audio decoder or perhaps another setting?

PS: Sorry for my English, I'm from Denmark :-)
There are some good multi-channel test files available on the net.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Passthrough don't work0